United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County
2018 Community Campaign Administrative Loaned Executive
United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County is currently seeking candidates for our 2018 Administrative Loaned Executive (ALE) position. The ALE role is a temporary, full-time position from July 16, 2018 to December 12, 2018.
United Way is a recognized national brand and is the largest funder of health and human services outside of the federal government. Funds raised by United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County remain local and are invested in nearly 220 programs at over 110 local nonprofit program partners.
Each fall, large numbers of area companies hold a workplace giving campaign for United Way. During this busy time, Administrative Loaned Executives assist United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County with daily administrative tasks to help make the campaign a success! Concentrated into four months of time, it is a tremendous opportunity to get acquainted with local issues and those working to address them.
What will you do?
- After receiving our top notch training, you will quickly gain insider knowledge on how United Way raises funds and monitors success to be one of the most efficient nonprofits in the world!
- You’ll learn all about ANDAR 360 – United Way’s donor database - and have a hand in data clean-up and maintenance projects.
- You will work to create custom, pre-printed pledge cards for local companies’ workplace giving campaigns.
- You will execute large mailings using mail merges in Word, printing letters and stuffing envelopes.
- You will fulfill requests for company campaigns including additional materials, banners, tablecloths and incentives, including United Way branded items, donated tickets and more.
- You will coordinate Thank You letter process for individuals who coordinate workplace giving campaigns.
- You’ll be asked to attend and participate in weekly report meetings, ongoing training sessions, and Community Campaign Kickoff and the Closing Celebration.
What skills do you need?
- Accountability! You need to be committed to making our community campaign successful and to helping our local companies do well. This is accomplished by your commitment to providing excellent customer service and professional adaptability.
- You’ll also need be available to attend all related campaign meetings/functions to include: training, the Community Campaign Kickoff, and Closing Celebration.
- Ability to work independently, but also a desire and ability to work as a team – willingness to learn new skills and share knowledge with others.
- Ability to multi-task, managing several projects at once by prioritizing and planning.
- Intermediate Excel skills are necessary in order to create spreadsheets for tracking purposes.
- Intermediate Word skills are required as you will be performing mail merges. Adaptability and willingness to learn other computer programs such as ANDAR and web-based reports is also a key component of this role.
- Strong written and verbal skills are necessary to effective communication in all facets of our business.
Why should you apply?
- The connections you will make. During your time as an ALE, you will be working other Loaned Executives United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County staff and learning about many businesses and non-profits in our community.
- The fantastic learning opportunities that you’ll receive. This is a resume building experience - you’ll receive training and learn new skills.
- ALE’s strengthen their knowledge of community issues and organizations that address those issues.
- ALE’s also increase their confidence, executive presence and leadership abilities!
- A valid driver’s license, reliable automobile and auto insurance coverage is preferred. Please note that mileage is reimbursed.
- A commitment of 40 hours per week.
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds (to deliver campaign materials) and to walk, sit and stand for extended periods.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 years of relatable work experience (performing administrative tasks in an office environment) is preferred or an internship/community service equivalent.