* Plans, organizes and instructs classes
|Duties, Functions and Supervision/Accountability:|
Major Duties/Essential Functions
* Plans and implements effective instruction
* Assist participants, respond to questions and concerns
* Provides communication to and from participants
* Complete required reports and records
* Notify Recreation Manager or Building Supervisor of problems and concerns
regarding facilities, and participants
* Notify Recreation Manager or Building Supervisor of needed supplies, equipment,
* Distributes information and supplies to students
* Reports to Recreation Manager
* High School graduate or G.E.D.
* Minimum 2 years experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and
* Strong background in the specific subject. Teaching experience preferred.
* Knowledge of appropriate skills, training, and instruction methods for adults
* Knowledge of standard safety practices
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Department
personnel and the public, and to deal with them in a courteous and tactful manner
* Strong oral communication skills
* Ability to maintain a safe and positive learning environment
* Ability to supervise and maintain control of participants
* Ability to keep accurate records and complete any necessary paperwork
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, talk, hear, read and write. He/she may periodically need to bend, reach, stoop, crouch, or kneel.
Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Tools and Equipment Used
* Equipment specific to the subject matter
|Special Conditions of Work:|
* Must work well with others
* Has verbal contact with others
* Inside and outside work with exposure to the weather
* Noisy environment
Work Schedule: 1 or more hours per week, not more than 28 hours per week
Employment Period: 12 months or seasonal
Adult Fitness Instructor Pay Range:
* Those who are not certified in the area they are instructing $12-$17/hour
* Those who are certified in the area they are instructing $17-$22/hour
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.