Under direct supervision of the Facilities Service Manger, performs work involving the cleaning and housekeeping of building and office interiors. Performs manual laboring duties, including the operation of laboring equipment related to cleaning and maintenance of building and grounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain cleanliness of office interiors, i.e., vacuum, empty wastebaskets, dust desk and counter tops, dust file cabinets, etc.
2. Maintain cleanliness of building, i.e., vacuum, sweep, and mop common areas, as needed.
3. Perform daily maintenance of bathroom facilities, which include cleaning of sinks, commodes, mirrors, floors, etc.
4. Order via the Director of Operations cleaning supplies, paper goods, soap, etc., which are needed for daily operation of building.
5. Keep outside grounds clean and orderly for appearance and safety, including grass cutting, snow and ice removal, salting, etc.
6. Work closely with OSHA Program Coordinator and Human Resource Manager to minimize and prevent accidents and unsafe working conditions.
7. Assist OSHA Program Coordinator with hazardous chemical information, as may be used for maintaining the building and grounds.
8. Inspect and report any noted building and grounds deterioration, such as carpet tears, tile cracks and breaks, etc.
9. Post signage as may be needed from time to time, such as slippery floor, out of order, etc.
10. Respond to and handle immediate maintenance problems, such as non-medical spills, which include toilet and sink overflow, drain back-up or other related plumbing emergencies.
11. Receives all incoming supplies, orders and maintenance contractors. Distributes supply orders, per the ordering department or person.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Ability to read and write sufficiently for job-related materials. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel and lift. Able to handle motorized and hand equipment, such as a snow blower, lawnmower, weed trimmer, etc.
In general, full physical capability is required for this position, which calls for frequent standing, walking, bending, squatting and other gross motor movements necessary in the work, as well as frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds, and occasional lifting of up to 100 pounds.