The Calibration Technician I reports directly to the Team Leader, Manager, or Director depending on the organizational structure. These positions are non-exempt. Travel up to 50% may be required based on project and client needs.
Calibration Technicians complete calibrations, qualifications, and PMs with accurate and timely GxP documentation, following PCI and/or client specific policies and procedures. They are expected to take a proactive role in supporting the Team and in providing client support and are expected to build a high level of trust with internal and client personnel. This trust is developed through consistently upholding PCI Values and demonstrating Honesty, Integrity, Pride, Accountability, Teamwork, and Commitment.
Calibration Technician I
- Under supervision, completes calibrations and qualifications in a safe, timely, and accurate manner, following PCI and client specific policies and proposals.
- Able to perform, with guidance, basic pressure, temperature, humidity, time and CO2 calibrations.
- Is adept at handling PCI and client owned equipment and test equipment with care.
- Identifies project supply and equipment needs and conveys to the appropriate resource to ensure availability.
- Works to understand client needs and requirements through effective communication and develops client relationships through excellent customer service. Ensures client requests are conveyed to the appropriate PCI management resource and met in accordance with management direction.
- On average, 90 - 95% of work time will be utilized completing scheduled calibration and maintenance events.
- Timesheets and expense reports are completed weekly with accurate labor and expense codes.
- Maintains a neat and professional PCI work area and projects a professional image at all times.
- Always considers safety when executing tasks and projects. Ensures that PCI work areas are safe, neatly organized and professional on-site and in an office environment.
Calibration Technician I
- Basic understanding of Traceability, Substitution of Standards, and Test Accuracy
- Skilled with pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical instrumentation; as well as manual and computer-based process control loops and systems; understands and applies basic concepts of calibration and requirements including accuracy testing.
- Ability to climb stairs; climb on equipment such as tanks. Moderate to heavy lifting.
- Understanding and awareness of safety requirements and safe practices.
- General electrical panel knowledge and electrical safety procedures.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Reliable, confident, eager to learn, and enjoy working with people.
- Listens well and asks questions to learn more.
- Displays good organizational skills.
- Basic understanding and familiarity with incubators, centrifuges, balances, refrigerators and freezers, stability chambers, chromatography (HPLC or GC), spectrophotometers, other general laboratory equipment as needed per clients. (Analytical Team Only)
Experience & Education Required for the Calibration Technician I:
A two-year degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, other related technical field or equivalent military training or two years of applicable (Metrology, Instrumentation, Calibration) experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
PCI is proud to serve pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and clinical research industries nationwide by providing calibration, commissioning and consulting solutions. At PCI, calibrations are performed by highly technical, cGMP/GLP-trained personnel who are knowledgeable in quality guidelines enforced by the FDA, EPA and ISO/IEC 17025:2017. PCI is an FCX Performance Company and a Subsidiary of Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT); a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.