Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital is a 75-bed facility located in Elko, Nevada. We offer a wide range of healthcare services, including emergency medicine, heart care, maternity care, sleep medicine, surgical services, and more. We are recognized by the American College of Cardiology as an accredited Chest Pain Center. We believe that health care should be effective, safer, and more available to all people. We are committed to providing our patients with the highest quality, family-friendly care available.
Where We Are:
Elko is the largest city of Elko County, Nevada. Located near the Lamoille Canyon and the Ruby Mountains, Elko is called the Swiss Alps of Nevada. Here you'll find year-round access to recreation and more than 20 alpine lakes. The city's economy is heavy with gold mining, ranching, tourism, and casinos. The entertainment capital of the world, Las Vegas, Nevada is located approx. six hours away. With us is where you want to be.
Why Choose Us:
* Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
* Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
* Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
* Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
* And much more...
Position Summary: Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital is looking for a part time Registered Nurse to work in our busy 15-bed Women's Services Department. Working predominately 12-hours shifts, two shifts per week.
* Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Records all pertinent data on patient's medical record accurately, clearly and concisely
* Performs technical aspects of patient care according to established policy & procedure
* Assures the safety and privacy of patients at all times
* Demonstrates accurate interpretation and documentation of fetal monitor tracing
* Safely & successfully places fetal scalp electrode when need identified and appropriate
* Demonstrates skills needed to safely and efficiently prepare patient for C-section
* Demonstrates understanding of physician orders for postpartum pts.
* Identifies changing patient needs and alters nursing care appropriately
* Verbalizes and demonstrates understanding of epidural anesthesia protocol
* Demonstrates effectiveness in assisting during vaginal delivery, including vacuum or forceps delivery
Assists appropriately with newborn cares at delivery
Education: Associate degree or higher in nursing
Experience: Previous clinical experience in medical and obstetrical nursing preferred.
Requirements: Current Nevada RN license. American Heart Association Certifications: BLS (within 30-days of hire), ACLS, and Neonatal Resuscitation within 90 days of hire.
Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.