Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital is a 75-bed facility located in Elko, Nevada. We offer a wide range of healthcare services, including emergency medicine, heart care, maternity care, sleep medicine, surgical services, and more. We are recognized by the American College of Cardiology as an accredited Chest Pain Center. We believe that health care should be effective, safer, and more available to all people. We are committed to providing our patients with the highest quality, family-friendly care available.
Where We Are:
Elko is the largest city of Elko County, Nevada. Located near the Lamoille Canyon and the Ruby Mountains, Elko is called the Swiss Alps of Nevada. Here you'll find year-round access to recreation and more than 20 alpine lakes. The city's economy is heavy with gold mining, ranching, tourism, and casinos. The entertainment capital of the world, Las Vegas, Nevada is located approx. six hours away. With us is where you want to be.
Why Choose Us:
* Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
* Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
* Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
* Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
* And much more...
Position Summary: Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital has an opportunity available for a full time Central Sterile Technician to work in our busy Surgical Department. Surgical Services include Orthopedic, Dental, Optometric, General Surgery, Podiatry, Endoscopy, and OB-GYN.
* Typical shifts are Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day, based on scheduled cases for the day. 1 in 5 call and 1 in 5 weekends is required.
* The Central Sterile Technician requires critical thinking, decisive judgement, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
* Essential Functions:
* Provides inspection, decontamination, assembly, and sterilization of instruments and other patient care equipment in accordance with processing guidelines, AAMI, AORN, TJC, and OSHA requirements.
* Operates departmental equipment daily according to manufacturer instructions with emphasis on safety.
* Provides customer service to all departments with a focus on the patient need.
* Processes and documents all sterile supplies and equipment daily using chemical, biological, and mechanical indicators to verify sterility in accordance with manufacturer instructions and hospital policy.
Education: Graduate of a Central Sterile Technician program preferred.
Experience: At least 6 months of sterile processing or Surgical Technologist experience in a hospital setting preferred
Licensure: Current Central Service Processing Technician Certification.
Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.