Fueled by our shared passion and expertise, CDW delivers innovative technology solutions for our customers. We're also committed to fostering an environment that embraces collaboration, celebrates integrity, inclusivity, and individuality, and paves the path for personal and professional growth. Experience a life in balance and join us on the journey forward.
CDW is seeking a highly skilled Manager, Endpoint Engineering, to lead a team as part of the Technology department. This candidate should be comfortable with modern Windows, MacOS, and Virtual Desktop infrastructure and management tools at the enterprise level and be able to translate business needs into scalable, reliable, and efficient technical solutions. Endpoint security vulnerability management and reporting, combined with expert device fleet management skills, will be critical to success in this role. The management and leadership of this team will result in impactful architecture, design, and implementation strategies and projects. Day-to-day application and operating system management and strong focus on improving the customer experience aspects of endpoint engineering will underline the role.
What you will do:
- The Manager, Endpoint Engineering position sets and executes CDW's enterprise vision for endpoint management
- Knowledge of modern, enterprise-scale IT endpoint management and engineering best practices, tools, technologies, and platforms, especially for Windows, MacOS and Virtual infrastructures, in a hybrid work environment
- Provide and instill in the team a security first mindset - vulnerability and patch management, CIS benchmarks, and security best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of how to successfully navigate a distributed enterprise IT environment, collaborating with stakeholders to define the strategic direction, implementation, and service delivery of end user technologies to drive collaboration and productivity
- Ensure all End User hardware and software standards are implemented and followed, providing compliance, governance, and version control.
- Ability to build and maintain a close working partnership with Service Management and Enterprise Support Services to ensure high levels of collaboration and integration
- Experience in scoping and delivering complex systems-related projects, including managing resources, identifying risks and mitigations, and leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to anticipate and partner with stakeholders regarding requirements management
- Strong teaming and collaboration skills, working with cross-functional teams to achieve common goals
- Ability to build and socialize strategic roadmaps for key services
- Understanding of financial management practices for projects, contracts, and contractor management
- Stay up to date on industry trends and become internal subject matter expert and solutions consultant on end-user computing
- Participate in major incidents, leading the team in the identification, resolution, and RCA actions
What we expect of you:
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related discipline; OR a combination of work experience, education and training equivalent to a four-year college degree in a technology related discipline
- 1+ years' experience leading an employee technology engineering team
- 7+ years' technical experience working in end user compute
- Ability to mentor and motivate local and remote engineers to build a high performing team
- Working knowledge of SCCM, Intune, JAMF, Windows, MacOS, VDI, and other virtual/cloud based endpoint solutions
- Analytical thinking, organizational skills, flexibility with the ability to handle, prioritize and lead multiple tasks
- Strong time management skills and the ability to balance high quality work standards against time constraints
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and able to effectively translate technical subject matter into everyday language
- Good understanding of IT security concepts and best practices
What you can expect from us:
Diverse, award-winning culture and work/life benefits.
An inclusive culture that empowers you to bring your best true self and your best ideas. We know diverse perspectives lead to better problem solving and better solutions for our customers.
A learning environment that empowers you to develop your career with comprehensive resources and support, ongoing education and skills-development training, and robust advancement opportunities.
Health, dental, and vision coverage; coworker stock purchase program; paid vacation time and sick days; tuition reimbursement; coworker discounts; and other generous perks.
Who we are:
We make technology work so people can do great things.
CDW is a Fortune 500 technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. We help customers navigate and be successful in an ever-changing world by providing them with the technology advice and solutions they need-when, where, and how they need them. We make technology work so that people can do great things.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
CDW is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.