The Project Manager position is non-exempt for technical teams; i.e., calibration service teams. These positions report directly to the Team Manager or Director, depending upon the organizational structure for a specific team. Travel may be required depending on project scope.
The Project Manager is charged with independently implementing customized, individualized client solutions through synergistic team decision-making. The Project Manager is responsible for consistently upholding PCI Values and demonstrating Honesty, Integrity, Pride, Accountability, Teamwork, and Commitment. Project Managers provide implementation and management of onsite service delivery contracts
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring client onsite regulatory requirements such as specific GMP gowning, safety training, and contractor training, are in compliance. Project services include calibrations, processing calibration documentation, travel reservations, coordinating third party services, scheduling, and maintaining PCI client/project files in accordance with company procedures.
The Project Manager is expected to facilitate and/or provide the mentoring process for assigned new hires. Where applicable, the Project Manager will have performance management and/or quality assurance responsibilities based on team/regional structure. Project Managers are also expected to effectively communicate with management and clients.
Responsibilities/Assignments for Project Manager:
- Independently manages PCI client project teams and provides high level technical expertise within projects.
- Proactively assess project safety concerns and ensure PCI team members are in compliance with any and all client and/or PCI site safety requirements.
- Provides resource planning and account management, as well as defines project objectives and requirements necessary to structure a project or activity.
- Plans, schedules, controls project activities, and engages in frequent communication to fulfill client objectives and requirements.
- Develops and drives integrated project plans; aligns project tactics with project strategy.
- Establishes, maintains, and leads high performance project teams by serving as the project advocate within theclient organization.
- Leads risk management initiatives onthe project and ensures risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
- Will be designated the "Account Manager" for specific clients. Account Managers are expected to be the prime contact for that client and to build relationships with key client personnel. Account Managers are also responsible for communicating to PCI management all relevant opportunities, organizational changes, risks, and trends related to their accounts.
- Identifies and pursues new opportunities for business at existing and potential new Clients.
- Meets with Client contacts on a routine basis to deliver maximum support, solicit feedback, deliver proposals, renew POs and keep clients informed of all PCI's service offerings.
- Actively participates in at least one professional organization (i.e. ISPE, PDA, NCSL, or ASQ), thereby helping PCI carry out our mission of being recognized as an industry leader.
- Develops and delivers clear, high-valued, results-driven client service plans, scope, and consultative and technical service proposals.
- Setup and manages new projects including fixed price service delivery, resource schedules, change control, and budget forecasts
- Develops and updates both client and PCI policies and procedures, understands and interprets government regulations and instrumentation/calibration principles and provides training and guidance to other associates.
- Ensures all timesheets/expenses are logged daily and ready for approval on Monday mornings.
- Ensures all resource scheduling is complete each month and the company schedule is updated at least three weeks in advance. This requires a high level of communication with management and a project coordinator or designee. Notify all resources and appropriate management in a timely manner of any schedule breaks or rescheduling. Review schedule weekly and plan accordingly.
- Communicates to Team Manager or Director updates in project accounting system to reflect accurate information/ changes such as: Billing, Contact, Calibration, Task and Rate Codes.
Skills Required for Project Manager:
- Expert knowledge and application of instrument, equipment, and loop calibrations of various parameters in manufacturing, utilities, and laboratory environments. Knowledge and substantial experience with maintenance and/or calibration accuracy testing requirements.
- Exceptional Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) skills.
- Navigates and utilizes MAS500 Pivot Table and project KPI module; effectively manage LUR & project expenses.
- Develops and updates PCI policies and procedures, understands and interprets government regulations and instrumentation/calibration principles and provides training and guidance to technician resources. Assists clients with development and revision of policies and procedures as necessary.
- Understands the business case and has an appreciation of financial issues and profit and loss implications. Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail while keeping strategic company goals in focus.
- PCI Trained Mentor. Sought after by technical staff for advice in technical or proposal issues, diplomacy, and ethical practices. Active in PCI onboarding process. Provides both on the job and specialized technical training. Strong applied and working knowledge of FDA; GMP; GLP; compliance and NIST traceability. Expert knowledge of test equipment and capabilities such as tolerance requirements and 4:1 TAR.
- Actively involved with an external professional organization (ISPE, ASQ, PDA, etc.) External certification preferred [ISA, ASQ, etc
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills with clients and coworkers.
- Strong attention to detail; documents accurately and appropriately within PCI and client systems.
- Must have a valid driver's licenses and good driving record.
- Ability to effectively use MS Office Suite
- Ability to interpret proposals and coordinate activities to accomplish the approved scope.
- Familiarity and ability to execute good business practices such as quotations, proposals, purchase orders, etc.
Experience & Education Required for Project Manager:
A four-year degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, or other related technical field (or equivalent military/industry training) and five years of instrumentation experience in the pharmaceutical industry or the equivalent combination of the two. Strong customer service skills are required. Project management experience and/or certification is preferred. The hiring range for this position is $44 - $50 per hour.
PCI is proud to serve pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and clinical research industries nationwide by providing calibration, commissioning and consulting solutions. At PCI, calibrations are performed by highly technical, cGMP/GLP-trained personnel who are knowledgeable in quality guidelines enforced by the FDA, EPA and ISO/IEC 17025:2017. PCI is an FCX Performance Company and a Subsidiary of Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT); a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.