Convergint is looking for a full-time, enthusiastic, results driven and forward-thinking Project Specialist to join our amazing culture. In this role, you will install, program, system start-up/check-out, certify, and customer train on assigned projects including small to large projects that vary in complexity. As a Project Specialist, you are a part of a dynamic team that allows you to grow as Convergint grows.
For information about how we use your personal information, please see our Colleague & Applicant Privacy Notice, available on convergint.com/careers.
Who You Are
You have a passion for providing world-class service to customers, colleagues and communities. You are a person of integrity with a commitment to growth, accountability and delivering results. You want to join an organization with a positive culture that embraces inclusion and allows everyone to be the best version of themselves at work and home. You want to grow with us and deliver results as an exceptional Project Specialist.
Who We Are
With 20-years of proven growth and exceptional performance, our mission is to be our customer's best service provider. We realize the importance of diversity in achieving that goal. Our company was built upon a solid foundation of 10 Values and Beliefs which drive our unmatched culture, making us the #1 global, serviced-based systems integrator in the industry. We take great pride in protecting the lives and assets of our customers and their communities with the solutions we provide.
What you'll do with "Our Training and Your Experience"
- Convergint's greatest strength is our people! Every colleague is encouraged to participate in our Recruit Awesome People program, helping us grow Convergint by promoting our colleague-first culture and referring top talent to the Talent Acquisition Team and hiring managers.
- Installs, programs, tests, repairs, and services a variety of systems and equipment which may include security, fire alarm & life safety, and/or building automation with guidance as needed. Colleague interface f or the provision of technical support and training f or the customer and as such is accountable f or maximizing customer satisfaction. Refers more complex issues to higher level colleagues.
- Familiar with basic blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures unassisted, may require assistance with more complex specifications. Interprets manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment, utilizing know ledge of electronics and using standard test instruments and hand tools.
- Operates systems to demonstrate equipment, commission new systems, analyze performance and identify malfunctions. Writes routine programs f or systems.
- Acts as "our customer's best service provider" at all times thereby ensuring Convergint is the customer's first choice for service. Takes ownership of onsite project including safety, quality and performance.
- May provide custom systems integrations, detailed systems upgrade planning and execution, systems audits and consultation, and/or database management and manipulation. May install, configure, and support a variety of network systems and equipment f or assigned projects.
- Consults with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation, maintenance, and warranty work.
- Performs all work in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations as w ell as company health and safety policies and procedures. Uses solid troubleshooting skills to isolate and f ix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- May advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, installation techniques and standards as w ell as suggestions f or product improvements. May participate or assist with developing customer presentations or similar new business development activities.
- Executes many of the technical aspects of multiple projects with varying timelines and budgets including, programming, graphics development, start-up, certification testing, customer training, close-out documentation, and on-going technical support etc.
- Identifies potential project risks, communicates to appropriate parties and assist in the development and implementation of strategies to minimize impact and to control deviations f rom estimated costs and project deadlines.
- Works closely with the Project Manager and/or Operations Manager and assists in the overall coordination of specific projects; makes recommendations regarding quality of work and potential changes in scope, and identifies ways to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
What You'll Need
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted.
- Solid technical skills and experience fire alarm systems, and/or electronic security systems.
- Solid programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions
- To be a self-starter and work well with minimal supervision.
- Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. works with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper) and ability to read blueprints and drawings; solid math skills (for some positions, this may include calculating area, velocity, resistance, voltage, etc.).
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced computer skills including familiarity with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) and proficient in other relevant applications.
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to travel locally to jobsites on a regular basis. Minimal overnight travel may be required.
Company Benefits and Perks
Convergint fosters a supportive, accessible, and inclusive environment in which individuals of different backgrounds and identities are able to realize their maximum potential within the company. We offer a variety of programs and exceptional benefits to all of our colleagues:
- Company Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Fun & Laughter Day Off
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plan
- Life insurance & Disability Plan
- Wellness Program
- 401K Matching Plan
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive salary and compensation plan
- Vehicle reimbursement plan
- Corporate Social Responsibility Day
- And much more...
Education: High School/GED or equivalent experience
Minimum Experience: 1-5 years relevant
Expert competency in the following areas:
- Intrusion Alarms
- Video Surveillance
- Access Control
- Fire Alarm
- Other Specialized Systems
Preferred Experience: (but not required):
- Relevant field service
- Certifications: Product-specific certifications, Industry-specific certifications and/or licenses, Software House, Lenel, Genetec, Avigilon, AMAG, Milestone or ONSSI, AXIS
Convergint is committed to a culture of Inclusion and Diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit our Convergint to learn more about the company and the exciting opportunities available.
Growth Opportunities - Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Flexibility - Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact - Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
5-8 years of Experience in CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion and Intercom systems. Networking fundamentals and installation troubleshooting. (preferred)