Convergint is looking for a full-time, enthusiastic, results driven and forward-thinking Security Electronics Installer to join our amazing culture. As an Electronics Installer, you are a part of a dynamic team that allows you to grow as Convergint grows.
For information about how we use your personal information, please see our Colleague & Applicant Privacy Notice, available on convergint.com/careers.
**NOTE - This position is located in Eastern Iowa (Dubuque, Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Davenport, Muscatine, etc...)**
Who You Are
You have a passion for providing world-class service to customers, colleagues and communities. You are a person of integrity with a commitment to growth, accountability and delivering results. You want to join an organization with a positive culture that embraces inclusion and allows everyone to be the best version of themselves at work and home. You want to grow with us and deliver results as an exceptional Electronics Installer.
Who We Are
With 20-years of proven growth and exceptional performance, our mission is to be our customer's best service provider. We realize the importance of diversity in achieving that goal. Our company was built upon a solid foundation of 10 Values and Beliefs which drive our unmatched culture, making us the #1 global, serviced-based systems integrator in the industry. We take great pride in protecting the lives and assets of our customers and their communities with the solutions we provide.
What you'll do with "Our Training and Your Experience"
- Convergint's greatest strength is our people! Every colleague is encouraged to participate in our Recruit Awesome People program, helping us grow Convergint by promoting our colleague-first culture and referring top talent to the Talent Acquisition Team and hiring managers.
- Installs, programs, test, repairs, and services a variety of systems and equipment which may include security, fire alarm & life safety, and/or building automation with guidance as needed. Colleague is key interface for the provision of technical support and training for the customer and as such is accountable for maximizing customer satisfaction. Refers more complex issues to higher level colleagues.
- Familiar with basic blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures unassisted, may require assistance with more complex specifications. Interprets manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics and using standard test instruments and hand tools.
- Operates systems to demonstrate equipment, commission new systems, analyze performance and identify malfunctions. Writes routine programs for systems.
- Acts as "our customer's best service provider" at all times thereby ensuring Convergint Technologies is the customer's first choice for service.
- Consults with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation, maintenance, and warranty work.
- May advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, installation techniques and standards as well as suggestions for product improvements.
- Executes many of the technical aspects of multiple projects with varying timelines and budgets including, programming, graphics development, start-up, certification testing, customer training, close-out documentation, and on-going technical support etc..
- Identifies potential project risks, communicates to appropriate parties and assist in the development and implementation of strategies to minimize impact and to control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines.
- Works closely with the Project Manager and assists in the overall coordination of specific projects; makes recommendations regarding quality of work and potential changes in scope, and identifies ways to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
What You'll Need
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted.
- Willing to learn technical skills and/or experience related to fire alarm systems, and/or electronic security systems.
- To be a self-starter and work well with direct supervision.
- Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. works with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper).
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to travel locally to jobsites on a regular basis. Minimal overnight travel may be required.
Company Benefits and Perks
Convergint fosters a supportive, accessible, and inclusive environment in which individuals of different backgrounds and identities are able to realize their maximum potential within the company. We offer a variety of programs and exceptional benefits to all of our colleagues:
- Company Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Fun & Laughter Day Off
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plan
- Life insurance & Disability Plan
- Wellness Program
- 401K Matching Plan
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive salary and compensation plan
- Vehicle reimbursement plan
- Corporate Social Responsibility Day
- And much more...
Education: High School/GED or equivalent experience
Minimum Experience: Basic construction with some level of electrical or a low voltage background
Preferred Experience: (but not required):
- 1-3 years relevant
- Experience in 1 or more of the following industries: electronic/electrical, fire alarm & life safety, data-cable installation and/or building automation
Convergint is committed to a culture of Inclusion and Diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit our Convergint to learn more about the company and the exciting opportunities available.
Loyal - Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Leader - Inspires teammates to follow them
Dedicated - Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Thought Provoking - Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Enthusiastic - Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Goal Completion - Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter - Inspired to perform without outside help
Work-Life Balance - Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Growth Opportunities - Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Job Security - Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Flexibility - Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact - Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School (required)
1 - 3 years: Minimum Experience: Basic construction with some level of electrical or a low voltage background
Preferred Experience: (but not required):
1-3 years relevant
Experience in 1 or more of the following industries: electronic/electrical, fire alarm & life safety, data-cable installation and/or building automation (preferred)
Licenses & Certifications
Drive Not CDL (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Convergint Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to workforce diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We offer a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
All applications and resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted for an inverview.