Convergint is looking for full-time, enthusiastic, results driven and forward-thinking
Technical Apprentice to join our amazing culture. As an Apprentice, you are a part of a
dynamic team that allows you to grow as Convergint grows. You will learn what it
takes to become an Electrical Installer and gain the skillset necessary to continue to
grow within our company.
For information about how we use your personal information, please see our
Colleague & Applicant Privacy Notice, available on convergint.com/careers.
Time in Role: Approximately 1 Year (Program completion can occur before 1 year
* 5 Weeks Classroom Instruction
* 50 Week On-the-Job training with milestone tracking
* Promotion available upon completion
Who You Are
You have a passion for providing world-class service to customers, colleagues and
communities. You are a person of integrity with a commitment to growth,
accountability and delivering results. You want to join an organization with a positive
culture that embraces inclusion and allows everyone to be the best version of
themselves at work and home. You want to grow with us and deliver results as an
exceptional Electrical Installer.
Who We Are
With 20-years of proven growth and exceptional performance, our mission is to be our
customer's best service provider. We realize the importance of diversity in achieving
that goal. Our company was built upon a solid foundation of 10 Values and Beliefs
which drive our unmatched culture, making us the #1 global, serviced-based systems
integrator in the industry. We take great pride in protecting the lives and assets of our
customers and their communities with the solutions we provide.
What you'll do with "Our Training and Your Experience"
* Convergint's greatest strength is our people! Every colleague is encouraged to
participate in our Recruit Awesome People program, helping us grow Convergint by
promoting our colleague-first culture and referring top talent to the Talent Acquisition
Team and hiring managers.
* Installing, programming, system start-up/check-out, certification, and related
customer training on assigned Fire, Security, and/or Building Automation projects
which are typically small to medium projects that are often less complex.
* May work on larger projects with greater complexity as needed and able.
* Delivers assigned projects effectively and within budgeted cost and time schedules
with guidance as needed.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
What You'll Need
* Basic construction skills and understanding of system plans.
* Basic ability to read and understand blueprints, design drawings including wiring and
labeling methods, system wiring, wiring methods, and cable support installation (JHook, Raceway, Conduit, Cable Support).
* Basic mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. works with a variety of hand and power
tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper) and ability to read
blueprints and drawings; solid math skills (for some positions, this may include
calculating area, velocity, resistance, voltage, etc.).
Company Benefits and Perks
Convergint fosters a supportive, accessible, and inclusive environment in which
individuals of different backgrounds and identities are able to realize their maximum
potential within the company. We offer a variety of programs and exceptional benefits
to all of our colleagues:
* Company Holidays and Paid Time Off
* Fun & Laughter Day Off
* Medical, Dental & Vision Plan
* Life insurance & Disability Plan
* Wellness Program
* 401K Matching Plan
* Colleague Assistance Program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Competitive salary and compensation plan
* Vehicle reimbursement plan
* Corporate Social Responsibility Day
* And much more...
Education: High School/GED or equivalent experience
Minimum Experience: Basic construction with some level of electrical or a low voltage
Preferred Experience: (but not required):
* 1-3 years relevant
* Experience in 1 or more of the following industries: electronic/electrical, fire alarm &
life safety, data-cable installation and/or building automation
Convergint is committed to a culture of Inclusion and Diversity and is an Equal
Visit our Convergint careers site to learn more about the company and the exciting
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed
their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who
have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a
part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or
applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation
information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge,
(b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal
duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)