A Financial Services Representative (FSR) supports sales and service delivery in the branch. The FSR builds and expands banking relationships through proactive customer outreach and customer service requests. This position is responsible for opening deposit accounts and related banking services and lending (including consumer real estate secured); as well as identifying and referring sales opportunities to the appropriate bank partner. This role supports the fulfillment of certain consumer investment needs.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Sales Outreach: Self-starter that is disciplined enough to manage daily calling activity to achieve required results.
- Communication Skills - Interpersonal: Comfortable and confident with proactively engaging in conversation.
- Customer Service Skills: Builds trust and confidence with clients.
- Adaptability: Has the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new information and technology.
- Teamwork: Strives to build strong working relationships with those on their team as well as cross-functional relationships.
- Influence: Capable of building rapport with different personalities to drive positive results.
- Agility: Able to process information and move quickly through problem resolution.
The essential functions of the job include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Proactive outreach to generate appointments for sales conversations
- Sales conversations to understand banking needs and financial goals
- Open deposit accounts and originate loans (including real estate secured loans)
- Identify referrals for wealth, mortgage and business/commercial banking
- Provide financial advice and establish accounts for investment and retirement needs
Bachelor's Degree and 1 years of experience in Sales, customer service, or lending; or 6 months of experience in a customer support role at First Citizens Bank; or participation in a First Citizens career development program OR High School Diploma or GED and 5 years of experience in Sales, customer service, or lending; or 6 months of experience in a customer support role at First Citizens Bank; or participation in a First Citizens career development program
Preferred Area of Experience: Financial services sales, telephone sales; one year experience in a licensed sales role
License or Certification Type: Series 6, 63, and state-specific life insurance licenses. FCIS will hold Series 7 Licenses Required
Skill(s): Application of a structured sales process, Providing financial guidance and expertise, Financial literacy, Knowledge of retail banking products and services
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants on the bases of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.