****Must Reside within 1 hr of Mobile, AL****
Convergint is looking for a full-time, enthusiastic, results-driven, and forward-thinking Banking Specialist to join our amazing culture. In this role, you will troubleshoot, repair, and perform preventive maintenance on banking equipment including alarm systems, CCTV, pneumatic drive-ups, ATMs, vaults, safe deposit boxes, etc. Must have good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. As a Banking Specialist, you are part of a dynamic team that allows you to grow as Convergint grows.
For information about how we use your personal information, please see our Colleague & Applicant Privacy Notice, available on convergint.com/careers.
Who You Are
You have a passion for providing world-class service to customers, colleagues, and communities. You are a person of integrity with a commitment to growth, accountability, and delivering results. You want to join an organization with a positive culture that embraces inclusion and allows everyone to be the best version of themselves at work and home. You want to grow with us and deliver results as an exceptional Banking Specialist.
Who We Are
With 20 years of proven growth and exceptional performance, our mission is to be our customer's best service provider. We realize the importance of diversity in achieving that goal. Our company was built upon a solid foundation of 10 Values and Beliefs which drive our unmatched culture, making us the #1 global, serviced-based systems integrator in the industry. We take great pride in protecting the lives and assets of our customers and their communities with the solutions we provide.
What you'll do with "Our Training and Your Experience"
- Convergint's greatest strength is our people! Every colleague is encouraged to participate in our Recruit Awesome People program, helping us grow Convergint by promoting our colleague-first culture and referring top talent to the Talent Acquisition Team and hiring managers.
- The Banking Specialist is expected to be skilled in at least one of the three areas of specialization: locksmiths, drive-up and electronic security. Installs equipment and services/supports existing customers by responding to service calls. Drive-up Specialists install, repair, rebuild, and service remote drive-up systems, audio, and video equipment. Locksmiths handle a variety of locking mechanisms from basic drawer locks to more complex locking devices such as vaults, secure keyways, and other systems unique to the banking industry. Electronics Specialists provide support for a variety of electrical and electronics projects.
- Installs, programs, tests, repairs, and services a variety of non-routine systems and equipment for drive-up, locksmith, and electronic projects. Systems include but are not limited to all manufacturer drive-up equipment (including remote drive-up), deal drawers, and audio and video equipment related to drive-up banking. Repairs or replaces damaged components of remote units.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and replaces all components of remote, audio, and video equipment. May install, configure, and support a variety of network systems and equipment for assigned projects. Performs preventative maintenance as needed. Acts as a mentor to less experienced staff by using technical knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Handles moderately complex installations for remote units such as alert systems. Installs new units with final connections, testing, and training.
- Responds to moderately complex customer service calls, scheduled maintenance calls, and emergency and after-hours service calls on a timely basis. Work assignments are varied, of moderate scope and complexity, and may require originality and ingenuity in some situations.
- Identifies potential project challenges, communicates to appropriate parties, and assists in the development and implementation of strategies to minimize deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines.
- Inspects completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements, and compliance with applicable manufacturer's specifications. Refers only to the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Estimates cost, time, and materials for replacement equipment.
- Cleans, maintains, adjusts, calibrates, and services equipment used in the performance of duties.
- Executes all work in accordance with State and local regulations, general best practices as well as company health and safety policies and procedures. Uses strong troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software systems.
- Acts as "our customer's best service provider" at all times thereby ensuring Convergint is the customer's first choice for service.
- Communicates with and works with the other team members consistently to improve overall operations of the Convergint Center, and company. May advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, installation techniques, and standards as well as suggestions for product improvements.
- Keeps up-to-date and informed on all company policies.
- Presents a professional image of Convergint at all times in appearance and behavior.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
What You'll Need
- Working knowledge of drive-up, locking, and electronic systems specific to the banking industry.
- Basic knowledge of Digital Video Recorders (DVRs) and Network Video Recorders (NVRs) connected to the remote system.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Customer Focus - Maintaining awareness of and seeking to meet the needs and wants of the customer.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Adaptability - Responds effectively to changes in situations or information.
- Must be able to pass high-level security clearance
Company Benefits and Perks
Convergint fosters a supportive, accessible, and inclusive environment in which individuals of different backgrounds and identities are able to realize their maximum potential within the company. We offer a variety of programs and exceptional benefits to all of our colleagues:
- Company Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Fun & Laughter Day Off
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plan
- Life Insurance & Disability Plan
- Wellness Program
- 401K Matching Plan
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive salary and compensation plan
- Vehicle reimbursement plan
- Corporate Social Responsibility Day
- And much more...
Education: High School/GED or equivalent experience
Preferred Experience: (but not required):
- Technical diploma and/or equivalent trade experience (e.g. Electrician)
- 1 year of previous banking specialist experience within a commercial, industrial, or facilities operation setting.
- Experience in 1 or more of the following industries: electronic, fire alarm & life safety, and/or building automation
Convergint is committed to a culture of Inclusion and Diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit our Convergint to learn more about the company and the exciting opportunities available.