Convergint is looking for a full-time, enthusiastic, results driven and forward-thinking Sales Manager to join our amazing culture. In this role, you will be responsible for sales and business development activities for a specific territory and/or line of business. This includes recruiting and directing a sales team and providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. As a Sales Manager, you are a part of a dynamic team that allows you to grow as Convergint grows.
For information about how we use your personal information, please see our Colleague & Applicant Privacy Notice, available on convergint.com/careers.
Who You Are
You have a passion for providing world-class service to customers, colleagues and communities. You are a person of integrity with a commitment to growth, accountability and delivering results. You value a positive culture and embrace inclusion. You strive to be the best version of yourself at work and home. You want to grow with us and deliver results as an exceptional Sales Manager.
Who We Are
With 20-years of proven growth and exceptional performance, our mission is to be our customer's best service provider. We realize the importance of diversity in achieving that goal. Our company was built upon a solid foundation of 10 Values and Beliefs which drive our unmatched culture, making us the #1 global, serviced-based systems integrator in the industry. We take great pride in protecting the lives and assets of our customers and their communities with the solutions we provide.
What you'll do with "Our Support and Your Experience"
- Convergint's greatest strength is our people! Every colleague is encouraged to participate in our Recruit Awesome People program, helping us grow Convergint by promoting our colleague-first culture and referring top talent to the Talent Acquisition Team and hiring managers.
- Develop Market Strategy: Develop and execute a vertical or territory strategy that aligns to our company priorities and identifies why the verticals or territory approach was selected and how you will measure performance.
- Solution Alignment Management (Managing Customer Lifetime Value): Have a plan for leading the upselling and cross selling of services, managed services, digital transformation, leveraged services and technology across all accounts.
- Recruit & On-Board Top Talent: Proactively recruit, hire, on board and develop top sales talent.
- Daily Planning & Encouragement: Provide daily & weekly sales planning and encouragement to all sales team members directly and through delegation. Employ methods for ensuring all sales colleagues have what they need daily to execute their plans.
- Opportunity Coaching: Coach key sales pursuits including pre-meeting planning, in-meeting support, and post meeting debriefing.
- Continuous Improvement & Performance Management: Provide training, coaching and other methods for continuously developing your team. Deploy methods for recognizing and managing underperformance.
- Proposal Review, Pricing, and Support: Aid Account Executives in the preparation and delivery of request for proposal (RFP) responses, proposals, and presentations. Ensure accurate estimates, professionalism, and competitive pricing while maintaining maximum profit margins.
- Sales Forecasts: Provide monthly and annual sales forecasts that are reliable and accurate.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
What You'll Need
- Proven experience managing a sales team.
- Proven experience developing successful business plans and sales strategies.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Knowledge of products/systems and solutions of Convergint relevant to the vertical markets and their value propositions.
- Experience in the recruitment and interviewing process.
- Strong ability to facilitate a collaborative working environment for customers and colleagues.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Driven, self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office.
Company Benefits and Perks
Convergint fosters a supportive, accessible, and inclusive environment in which individuals of different backgrounds and identities are able to realize their maximum potential within the company. We offer a variety of programs and exceptional benefits to all of our colleagues:
- Company Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Fun & Laughter Day Off
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plan
- Life insurance & Disability Plan
- Wellness Program
- 401K Matching Plan
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive salary and compensation plan
- Vehicle reimbursement plan
- Corporate Social Responsibility Day
- And much more...
Education: College degree, trade school or equivalent experience
- College degree in business, engineering, or related field preferred
Minimum Experience: 8 years of successful sales, including 2 years in the area of commercial sales (electronic security, fire alarm, building automation systems, or healthcare technologies)
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams
Convergint is committed to a culture of Inclusion and Diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit our Convergint to learn more about the company and the exciting opportunities available.
Please note that this job posting includes salary information for the assigned target market range within the primary geographic region the requisition is posted. If the position is posted in multiple locations or is a remote position, the salary range may vary. Individual pay rates will, of course, vary depending on the job, department, and location, as well as the individual skills, experience, certifications, specific licenses, and education of the applicant.