The Maintenance Technician is responsible for cleaning and basic repairs of buildings, equipment or tools. This person will perform a variety of duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinates with Maintenance Supervisor to complete projects efficiently
- Perform minor electrical maintenance including but not limited to replacement/repair of fixtures (i.e. wall switches and outlet, bulbs, tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, cords, etc..) using appropriate tools.
- Performs minor plumbing work (i.e. repair leaks, unclog drains, replace faucets etc..)
- Performs minor carpentry work (i.e. painting, replacing locks, hanging doors etc.)
- Capable of first-level analysis to solve technical problems
- Performs basic mechanical skills and troubleshoots production machines
- Replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines and equipment
- Read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required maintenance and service
- Knowledge of different maintenance equipment and tools
- Responds to emergency situations quickly.
- Self-disciplined, hard worker and organized.
- Good Attention to detail
- Responsible for ensuring a clean, tidy and hazard free working environment is maintained to defined standards.
- Perform general administration tasks as necessary
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1 – 3 years of maintenance experience in a factory/manufacturing setting is a plus
This person should have:
- Self-starter dedicated to continual quality improvement
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Adhere to safety practices and guidelines
- Able to sit or stand and walk throughout the scheduled work shift
- Able to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
The work environment is a fast paced, manufacturing job-shop. A variety of chemical baths are used on manufacturing floor on a daily basis and proper care and focus must be taken to ensure safety. Communication and teamwork are highly valued within the company as well as the push for continual improvement.