Together, Silicon Valley Bank and First Citizens offer you the strength and stability of a diversified financial institution with a 125-year tradition of service and the personalized approach of a nimble financial partner.
First Citizens Bank helps personal, business, commercial and wealth clients build financial strength that lasts. Headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., First Citizens has built a unique legacy of strength, stability and long-term thinking that has spanned generations. First Citizens offers an array of general banking services including a network of more than 550 branches in 23 states and commercial banking expertise delivering best-in-class lending, leasing and other financial services coast to coast. Parent company First Citizens BancShares, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCNCA) is a top 20 U.S. financial institution with more than $200 billion in assets.
Vice President - Portfolio Management, Project Finance Job Description
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next energy breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join the SVB team and help bring our clients' world-changing ideas to life. You will be joining a dynamic and fast-growing project finance business, which has ambitious growth targets.
The Vice President - Portfolio Management will be responsible for:
The Portfolio Management Group is responsible for monitoring credit performance of SVB's project finance portfolio. Supporting a team that is focused on the execution of project finance debt transactions across a variety of potential energy and resource innovation sectors, including: renewable energy, power, and infrastructure. The role entails leading credit monitoring, control, and administration of a portfolio of borrowers with a view to identifying potential credit issues early. In addition, a significant portion of the role involves analyzing consent/waiver requests, evaluating the credit impact of the request and any mitigants and preparing an application for credit approval of the request under the guidance of senior team members.
- Supporting portfolio management, including analyzing amendment and waiver requests, assisting with monitoring periodic credit approval renewals, processing changes to existing transactions and assisting in preparing for and responding to internal and external audits. In preparing applications for credit approval, the Vice President must have a good understanding of the request, the impact of the proposed consent on the credit risk of the borrower/transaction, analyze the request to identify any additional information necessary to fully evaluate the request, and recognize incremental risks and mitigants contributing to the justification for approval of the request.
- Perform financial modeling and run sensitivities for requests; interpret model results and create summaries to be used in internal and external documents.
- Assist in monitoring and managing loan closings and funding, and other credit events that may impact the borrower and requires liaising with internal and external parties.
- Continuously monitor the ongoing performance of the portfolio of borrowers and track covenant compliance with a view to identifying deteriorating situations early.
- Help lead quarterly and annual reviews of loan portfolio, maintain borrower monthly/quarterly/annual reporting requirements, internal credit procedures are kept current, and other ad hoc projects are successfully completed.
- Maintain borrower credit files, financial files, legal documents, and other relevant information in an organized and timely manner.
- Interact and coordinate administrative matters with other departments (i.e., KYC information for borrowers).
- Manage the approval process for lending commitments, amendments, waivers, and consents, including making recommendations to Credit Executives
- Ensure compliance with all Know Your Customer ("KYC") regulations
- Prepare white papers on assigned industry segments, as requested
- Perform internal reporting duties and control administrative and operational matters cooperating with back office.
- Actively participates in client calling initiatives with Relationship Managers and Product Partners as well as conducts periodic independent site visits to assess management, business conditions and build rapport with accounts.
- Mentors junior professionals
- Agency Account Management:
- Co-ordinate amendment and waiver requests for deals Agented by SVB; liaise directly with syndications, legal counsel, consultants, and Lenders.
- Perform agent duties that require active communication with the sponsor, participants, lawyers, consultants, and related parties.
- Review documentation for draws and reporting on behalf of the lender group.
- Attend meetings and conference calls with Lenders and clients.
- Update, discuss, and answer questions from participant Lenders on a daily basis.
- Assist with legal documentation and legal due diligence process with appointed lawyers.
- General assistance, as directed, with the growth of the business, including research into new potential business areas and financial structures as well as other related special projects.
The base pay for this position is relative to your experience but the range is generally $129,780.00 to $194,670.00 per year. This position is eligible for variable compensation, which may be in the form of incentive, bonus, or commission pay. First Citizens offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits program which you can review here:
Bachelor's Degree in business, finance or accounting and 4+ years of large corporate, commercial or project finance loan structing. OR a High School Diploma or GED with 7+ years of large corporate, commercial or project finance loan structuring
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Experience in project finance financial modeling, presentations, and drafting underwriting/investment memoranda and credit documentation, reviewing contracts and project materials, and bank operational processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely effectively and manage/prioritize multiple streams of workflow simultaneously.
- Strong ability to recognize and communicate transaction risks and mitigants.
- An MBA with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to effectively, tactfully, professionally communicate with customers, officers, and other bank personnel.
- Strong attention to detail in both qualitative and quantitative work.
- Demonstrated tenacity and patience for problem solving,
- Capacity to effectively organize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong, proactive oral and written communication skills.
- Experience and passion to work on cutting edge energy or infrastructure related financing transactions.
- Proactive, resourceful, self-starter.
- Collaborative team player, willing to receive direction and/or provide support across levels. Able to work independently and also in close collaboration with others.
- Creative thinker.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants on the bases of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.