Conemaugh Nason Medical Center is seeking a PRN Radiologic Technologist. The Rad Tech applies ionizing or radioactive materials to demonstrate portions of the human body for use in diagnosing medical problems. They prepare patients for examinations by explaining the procedure, removing clothing/jewelry that interferes with x-rays and appropriately positioning the patient for the proper examination. They practice radiation protection with the use of lead aprons, gloves and/or shields. They use radiographic equipment to produce images for interpretation by the Radiologist.
Conemaugh Nason Medical Center is a 45-bed hospital that serves rural and suburban populations in Roaring Spring, Altoona, and parts of Blair, Bedford, and Huntingdon counties. Caring for the community since 1900, Conemaugh Nason Medical Center prides itself on providing safe, high quality, compassionate care. With a state-of-the art cardiac catheterization lab, Conemaugh Nason offers a range of inpatient, and outpatient cardiac services close to home when every minute matters. The hospital provides 24/7 emergency care as an accredited chest pain center, and offers comprehensive outpatient, imaging, diagnostic, and specialty services. As a LifePoint Health National Quality Leader, Conemaugh Nason is leading the way among peers by delivering the highest quality of care for patients.
Conemaugh Nason is also a member of the Conemaugh Health System, a Duke LifePoint Healthcare system. Conemaugh Health System serves more than a half-million patients each year through the Nason Physician Group, Conemaugh Physician Group and Medical Staff, a network of four hospitals, specialty clinics and patient-focused programs.
1. Identifies patient by name and birthdate. Reviews order for clinical and demographic consistency and verifies accuracy.
2. Interviews patient for clinical history, reviews previous procedures and documents relevant history for the Radiologist.
3. Explains procedure to patient. Explains and obtains consent for contrast if needed.
1. Prepares patient for procedure: ensures prep performed if needed and checks for any artifact-producing objects. Correctly positions patient for examination to be performed.
2. Orders/performs correct examination.
3. Performs procedures in accordance with established protocols and in a timely manner.
4. Correctly operates radiology equipment.
1. Preparation/administration of oral and IV contrast.
2. Performs venipuncture utilizing sterile technique (for those with the competency).
3. Recognizes and responds to emergency situations.
4. Follows ALARA principles: wears film badge, uses patient shielding, repeat rate, etc.
Demonstrates support of the mission, vision, values, goals, and general policies of Conemaugh Nason Medical Center.
Complies with Human Resource policies: ID Badge, attendance, compliance, safety, mandatory inservice, etc.
Complies with Medical Records policies: confidentiality, patient rights, release of records, etc.
Complies with Infection Control policies: hand washing, standard precautions, etc.
Demonstrates concern and caring for the customer by smiling and being helpful, friendly, courteous and kind.
Sensitive to customers special problems or concerns and able to resolve them.
Uses own login/password for all programs and CR's and logs off when done.
ARRT Registration or eligible for registry upon graduation, with proof of transcripts or certification of graduation.
Must become ARRT registered within 3 months of hire if not already registered.
BLS within 3 months of hire.
Required critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervisor.
Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Ability to meet patient age-specific and emotional needs.
Ability to perform multiple tasks yet meet deadlines.
Ability to professionally communicate with patients, physicians and fellow employees.
Ability to apply technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
Competitive wage, retirement benefits, 401K, and onsite occupational health!