Why join us?
Applied is listed as one of the World's Best Employers by Forbes for 2021. We have earned the Outstanding Employer Support award from the US Navy and we are a GSA approved vendor.
Applied has been fortunate to retain associates who have built long lasting careers. 25% of our U.S. team has 20+ years of service!
In addition to competitive pay and all the benefits you'd expect from an industry leader (401K with company match, insurance, company vehicle, time off, employee assistance, tuition reimbursement, etc.) you will also enjoy:
A LASTING CAREER- Career paths are available in sales, management, and operations throughout the country
Professional development and training
Team oriented company culture where it's called work for a reason but have fun in the process
Join a local team with company backing
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Repair valves, control valves, on/off valves and pneumatic actuators in FCX actuation facility or customer plant locations.
- Mechanically and electrically troubleshoot, inspect, and test valves at specified job worksites. Primary worksites include FCX valve repair centers with occasional customer in-field work sites.
- Perform pre-testing, disassembly, cleaning, in process inspection, machining, assembly, testing, and final inspection on various types of valves and actuation.
- Complete field service worksheets and submit to job coordinator upon completion of work.
- Understanding of pneumatic and digital controls.
- Ability and knowledge to reference appropriate valve manuals for repair requirements.
- Exhibit an ability to effectively communicate with plant personnel regarding valve and instrumentation equipment and customer requirements.
- Obtain all site specific and safety related training to perform valve repair services.
- Maintain driver eligibility and regular preventative maintenance on company owned vehicle.
- Assistothers as required.
- Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
Essential Mental Functions:
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent math and mechanical skills.
- Willing to help in other areas of department as necessary. (Examples: Pipe Fabrication and Shipping)
Essential Physical Functions/Equipment Used:
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 75lbs.
- Must be able to stand, kneel, and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, and ladders .
- Must be able to, or possess ability to learn how to, operate large warehouse equipment; namely forklifts.
- Must be able to work off hours, weekends, and OT on a short notice basis based on business needs. Includes overnight travel to various locations and customer sites to provide service based on business needs.
- Knowledge of rigging, lifting and moving heavy and awkward products.
- Duties performed indoors & outdoors with exposure to weather, elements, heavy equipment, power tools, dirt and noise.
- High School Diploma or Equivalentrequired; Associates Degree/Technical Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years previous control valve experience desired; experience with hydraulics/pneumatics helpful but not required.
- Basic computer proficiency required, namely the ability to operate Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of required equipment, including hand tools, power tools, machining equipment, etc.
- Clean driving record.
- Standard warehouse environment; including machine shop, paint booth, equipment operation, shipping & receiving, inventory area. Customer facilities will include indoor and outdoor environments, with exposure to all potential weather elements, factories, and others.
FCX Performance, an Applied Industrial Technologies Company, isa leading process flow control company providing technical mission critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets.
Founded in 1923, Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389to let us know the nature of your request.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.