We are hiring a full-time creative, results oriented outside sales Account Manager in Orlando, FL. Our company culture is friendly, fun with healthy competition and rewards. Applied Industrial Technologies offers integrity, inclusion, and career advancement. Individual contributorship and ideas are encouraged and welcomed. As a leading industrial distributor (and Fortune 1000 company), we realize we are only as strong as our dedicated team. Selling millions of industrial products to all types of customers takes special skill and that's where you come in.
Why join us?
Applied is listed as one of the World's Best Employers by Forbes for 2021. We have earned the Outstanding Employer Support award from the US Navy and we are a GSA approved vendor.
Applied has been fortunate to retain associates who have built long lasting careers. 25% of our U.S. team has 20+ years of service!
In addition to competitive pay including uncapped commission plus bonus opportunities and all the benefits you'd expect from an industry leader (401K with company match, insurance, company vehicle, time off, employee assistance, tuition reimbursement, etc.) you will also enjoy:
- A LASTING CAREER - Career paths are available in sales, management, and operations throughout the country
- Professional development and training
- Team oriented company culture where it's called work for a reason but have fun in the process
- Join a local team with company backing
What you'll do:
This is an existing territory looking for a great sales leader to build repeat business relationships and open new accounts.
All earnings are uncapped - your income is limited only by your ability to network and prospect for new customers and to grow your existing accounts. Help customers find solutions to their needs. If you can confidently talk with everyone in maintenance, engineering, purchasing, we want to talk with you!
- Achieve sales and profit goals by developing and retaining existing customers and by opening new business
- Conduct sales and service activities, develop strong ongoing relationships, identify product applications, and introduce new products and services
- Prepare quotations and proposals, follow up, negotiate terms, and close transactions
- Organize and conduct training sessions for customers
- Survey market and competitive conditions
- Complete reports regarding itineraries, expenses, sales calls, leads, and other related matters
- Monitor customer complaints, follow up on outstanding orders, and make emergency calls, night calls, and deliveries as required
- 1+ year outside sales experience
OR 2+ yrs customer service / inside sales experience in industrial distribution OR maintenance / tool crib experience
- Ability to develop new business, building repeat customer relationships
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record (MVR)
Join Applied, a global leader in industrial distribution and take your career to the next step!