Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Industrial/Commercial Control Systems Engineering service for FCX customers in the local area, relating to their needs in the following areas: SCADA Systems, PLC Programming, CAD Drawings, Industrial Networking, Systems Calibration, and other duties as assigned.
- Support Instrument Technicians in the field with issues related to interfacing field devices to DCS & SCADA systems, special needs testing, and technical support.
- Work with other System Engineers to resolve backlog of projects while maintaining excellent relationships with current contract customers.
- Provide support for other projects within the local service area, and throughout the FCX footprint as needed.
- Report job activity as well as maintain detailed logs about service calls, parts, and orders.
- Identify opportunities for upgrades at the customer facility.
- Use company vehicle to travel to and from local job sites while maintaining defensive driving habits that reflect upon the sterling reputation of the company.
Essential Mental Functions:
- Strong background in electrical/electronic engineering, process instrumentation & process engineering.
- Strong Computer skills in the following areas:
- Microsoft Visual Basic and/or other basic programming software
- AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, or other computer aided design software
- Understanding of networks and network structure desired
- Programming in multiple programming languages and scripting techniques
- Basic familiarity of radio-based communications and protocols
- Strong understanding of industrial controls and process controls including PID Loops and pump control, industrial instrument calibrations, and repairs.
- Analog current loops (4-20mAdc, 1-5Vdc, etc.) and the conversion process between these instrument loops and their PLC counterparts in numeric counts.
- Strong Electrical knowledge and a good understanding of the National Electrical Code
- Knowledge of required equipment, including hand tools, volt-ohm meters, power tools, and instrument loops, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering (BSEE / BSEET / ASEE with PLC Programing) required
- 1-3+ years' experience programming PLCs (Allen Bradley, Automation Direct, MOSCAD, etc.) required;
- 1-3+ years' experience with Computer based HMI software (Wonderware, VTSCADA, Lookout, etc.) required.
- Varied environment; customer facilities will include indoor and outdoor environments, with exposure to all potential weather elements, clean rooms, factories, and others.
FCX Performance, an Applied Industrial Technologies Company, isa leading process flow control company providing technical mission critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets.
Founded in 1923, Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4389to let us know the nature of your request.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.