Applied Industrial Technologies is currently seeking an Engineer to join our National (Strategic) Accounts team and work with one of our largest customers, International Paper. In this role, you'll get to apply your mechanical engineering expertise by planning, implementing, and executing targeted programs to enhance efficiency, increase time between product failures, and determine opportunities for product consolidation. You will use your consultative selling approach to learn about your customers' applications and needs. You'll help bring it all together as you work with customer's engineers and maintenance departments. You will also work with Applied corporate departments to develop and execute programs for the customer.
Along the way, you'll receive some of the industry's best benefits, unrivaled career development opportunities, and be a part of the best team in the industry. If you think you have what it takes we'd love to hear from you - apply today!
- Perform a day to day review of current product usage and effectiveness among all customer plant locations. Product focus will be on Bearing and PT products.
- Plan, implement, and execute targeted programs to enhance efficiency, pinpoint product failures/recommend new product to reduce downtime due to product failure, and determine opportunities for product consolidation
- Perform data order entry into AIT's and customer's systems to obtain quotes, issue purchase orders, and maintain the blanket purchase orders for the relevant business.
- Evaluate and resolve changes in part numbers through MSSR function, manufacturers or changes to fit, form, and function. Work with customer personnel to obtain approval of changes prior to material receipt. Notify customer of items that are obsolete or discontinued.
- Continually identify duplicate stock codes or product.
- Maintain lead times for those items on the look ahead.
- Work with service centers to collect information on weekly backlog and past due reports with regard to customer.
- Work with service centers and customer to expedite orders.
- Provide product sourcing assistance and continually pursue products within our scope of supply.
- Work directly with warehouse personnel and service centers to resolve receiving issues
- Resolve, monitor, and track all product warranty issues with the service center.
- Track cost savings achieved by Applied and documented value add to our customers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, traits, and skills as they join our team and help move us to the next level.
- Engineering Degree
- 1-3 years industry related work experience
- Experience in developing new business, building repeat business, and managing a sales territory
- Relationship-building skills at all levels with customers and prospect organizations
- Ability to provide hands-on product demonstrations for customers and prospects; mechanical aptitude
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record are essential
- Experience in a related field of Applied product - bearings, power transmission components, fluid power, general industrial supplies, etc.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and willing to take on tasks of all types to get the job done
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT)is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.