A Place Where People Matter
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
Sr. Sales Account Manager -- CASE(Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Elastomers)
The Sr. Sales Account Manager is responsible for building profitable sales in an assigned territory through additional sales with current customers and demonstrates commitment to prospecting and new business development. Employs a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them for further business and growing the margin they create while reducing the time and costs in managing them.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Enhance Univar Solutions position within each assigned account using consultative and in-depth selling at all levels within the account
- Plan own territory or account approach and has input into colleagues' approaches; manages own and often others' resources
- Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively grow the size of assigned territory, ensuring all activity is properly documented in Salesforce.
- Provides professional input on complex assignments and projects and provides direction to more junior professionals
- Responsible for setting pricing and service levels, as well as maintaining and coordinating customer quotations or providing necessary information to allow local branches to do so.
- Responsible for coordination with Local Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to insure accurate inventory levels and overall customer satisfaction.
- Addition duties in support of the Commercial Team as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 7+ years of experience in a Sales Position with a proven track record of success
- CASE (Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Elastomers) experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree (Technical Science, Chemistry preferred), or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate an extensive network of contacts
- Demonstrated experience as both an effective leader and teammate.
- Deep understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market or the needs/challenges of assigned accounts.
- Advanced knowledge in a niche field and broad knowledge of several related subject areas within a function.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates
- Excellent digital literacy including MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively in order to achieve goals
- Strong discernment, including an understand of the business relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of chemical products and services
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving demeanor to uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections in order to close a sale
- Extensive travel within assigned territory.
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily livesfrom life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than10,000 employeessupport our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards packagethat includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering tosupport our employees' physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutionsfor the world around us so that we can do our part tokeep our communities healthy, fed, clean and safe.
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.