We value passion, energy, and enthusiasm to ignite transformation in our industry.
Start your career journey with ChemPoint! Be part of our team that is transforming the chemical, ingredient, and industrial finished products industry.
The Industry Representative is responsible for meeting sales goals and building profitable sales, primarily by phone, employing a consultative sales approach within a specific industry-focused territory. You will develop and maintain a long-term partnership with customers by evaluating needs & opportunities within customer accounts and optimally overcome obstacles and gain customer commitment.
A day in your new career:
- Develop relationships with customers within assigned territory, ranging from small/medium businesses to larger complex organizations.
- Maintain understanding of customer's business, including their decision-making process, industry needs, trends, and competitive situation.
- You will work in a team-based, telephone-driven sales environment that favors a targeted, tactical sales approach.
- Maintain and develop customer profiles within CRM.
- Collaborate with other team members to share standard processes and drive account growth.
Desired background and skills:
- Four-year degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, marketing, business, or other related disciplines; or equivalent industry experience.
- Sales and/or marketing experience, or chemical industry background with strong desire to develop a professional career.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills is required. CRM or other database experience, and familiarity with web-based applications highly desired.
- High-energy level paired with curiosity and keen desire to learn and understand business issues in a dynamic, aggressively-growing company.
- Proactive, positive teammate who is adaptable, flexible, and willing to tackle new challenges and risks on a continual basis.
Benefits & Pay:
- Amazing company culture, purpose driven approach and work from home flexibility.
- Ongoing training from management.
- Opportunities for raises/promotions.
- Career progression.
- Benefits start first day of hire.
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) provides unlimited vacation.
- 401K matching for retirement.
- The salary range for this position is $61,250 - $91,870 The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate's proven experience, education, training, certifications, qualifications, and work location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive pay.
We are ChemPoint.We are fanatical about every customer and supplier interaction and dedicated to reaching customers and delivering actionable insights to enable producer success. We're the leader in the marketing, sales, and distribution of specialty and fine chemicals.ChemPoint represents over 70 suppliers and 220 product lines in North America, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa.
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees' physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
ChemPoint supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion.Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges and respects the unique experiences, perspectives, and expertise of every employee. Through our dedicated Employee Resource Networks, we provide the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry while making a difference in our communities.
ChemPoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification
Univar is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.