Convergint is looking for a full-time, enthusiastic, results driven and forward-thinking Security Install Technician to join our amazing culture. In this role, you will be responsible for installing, programming, system start-up/check-out, certification, and related customer training on assigned Fire, Security, and/or Building Automation projects including small to large projects that vary in complexity. As a Security Install Technician, you are a part of a dynamic team that allows you to grow as Convergint grows.
Who You Are
You have a passion for providing world-class service to customers, colleagues and communities. You are a person of integrity with a commitment to growth, accountability and delivering results. You want to join an organization with a positive culture that embraces inclusion and allows everyone to be the best version of themselves at work and home. You want to grow with us and deliver results as an exceptional Security Install Technician.
Who We Are
With 20-years of proven growth and exceptional performance, our mission is to be our customer's best service provider. We realize the importance of diversity in achieving that goal. Our company was built upon a solid foundation of 10 Values and Beliefs which drive our unmatched culture, making us the #1 global, serviced-based systems integrator in the industry. We take great pride in protecting the lives and assets of our customers and their communities with the solutions we provide.
What You'll Do
- Convergint's greatest strength is our people! Every colleague is encouraged to participate in our Recruit Awesome People program, helping us grow Convergint by promoting our colleague-first culture and referring top talent to the Talent Acquisition Team and hiring managers.
- Installs, programs, tests, repairs, and services a substantial variety of systems and equipment which may include security, fire alarm & life safety, and/or building automation. Colleague is key interface for the provision of technical support and training for the customer and as such is accountable for maximizing customer satisfaction. Assignments are broad in nature and may require a high level of ingenuity and proficiency.
- Reads complex blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation requirements; Interprets manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics and using advanced test instruments and hand tools.
- Operates systems to demonstrate equipment, commission new systems, analyze performance and identify malfunctions. Writes non-routine programs of substantial variety and complexity for systems.
- Acts as "our customer's best service provider" at all times thereby ensuring Convergint is the customer's first choice for service. Takes ownership of onsite project including safety, quality and performance.
- May provide custom systems integrations, detailed systems upgrade planning and execution, systems audits and consultation, and/or database management and manipulation. May install, configure, and support a variety of network systems and equipment for assigned projects.
- Consults with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation, maintenance, and warranty work.
- Performs all work in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations as well as company health and safety policies and procedures. Uses solid troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- May advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, installation techniques and standards as well as suggestions for product improvements. Participates or assists with developing customer presentations or similar new business development activities.
- Executes all the technical aspects of multiple projects with varying timelines and budgets including, preparation of project deliverables such as submittals/shop drawings/training documentation, programming, graphics development, start-up, certification testing, customer training, close-out documentation, and on-going technical support etc.
- Identifies potential project risks, communicates to appropriate parties and assist in the development and implementation of strategies to minimize impact and to control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines.
- Works closely with the Project Manager and/or Operations Manager and assists in the overall coordination of specific projects including supervision and oversight of subcontractors and installation work; makes recommendations regarding quality of work and potential changes in scope, and identifies ways to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Using technical knowledge, skills and experience, mentors and trains less experienced staff. May supervise workers in testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance. Provides performance feedback to management regarding Project Specialist I and II.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
What You'll Need
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to regularly work under pressure; consistent ability to maintain awareness of, and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted.
- Strong technical skills and experience related to building automation systems, fire alarm systems, and/or electronic security systems; may adapt procedures, processes, tools to meet the more complex requirements of the job.
- Advanced mechanical and electrical aptitude and ability to read blueprints and drawings; advanced math skills (for some positions, this may include calculating area, velocity, resistance, voltage, etc.).
- Highly proficient computer skills including familiarity with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
Company Benefits and Perks
Convergint fosters a supportive, accessible, and inclusive environment in which individuals of different backgrounds and identities are able to realize their maximum potential within the company. We offer a variety of programs and exceptional benefits to all of our colleagues:
- Company Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Fun & Laughter Day Off
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plan
- Life insurance & Disability Plan
- Wellness Program
- 401K Matching Plan
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive salary and compensation plan
- Vehicle reimbursement plan
- Corporate Social Responsibility Day
- And much more...
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years relevant
- Experience in 1 or more of the following industries: electronic or fire alarm & life safety
Convergint is committed to a culture of Inclusion and Diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit our Convergint to learn more about the company and the exciting opportunities available.