MiTek is a platform innovator and enabler that exists to transform the building industry with better building solutions. In 1955, MiTek transformed residential construction with the invention of the Gang-Nail plate and a digital platform that provided an affordable and scalable way to manufacture wood trusses. Today, MiTek delivers software, services, engineered products, and automated solutions that enable the building industry toimprove efficiencies by optimizingthe balance between off-site and on-site. With nearly 5,600 team members worldwide, MiTek collaborates across the building industry to enable and accelerate transformational breakthroughs in design and construction to transform the way the industry designs, makes, and builds. As a Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001, MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more at .SummaryThe Plant Accountant acts as the financial liaison between the accounting department and plant operations to ensure compliance with accounting, policies, procedures, requirements, and guidelines. Manages financial and accounting functions for the site, ensures that accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles, and that internal policies and controls are followed.Job Responsibilities & Requirements
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Acts as subject matter expert for site accounting and accounting-related issues
- Trains and supports staff in a variety of areas, including policies and procedures and inventory costing and management
- Will work closely with the operations and engineering teams to make sure data impacting financial results is up to date and accurate
- Ownership of Plant P&L, inventory, annual budget, month and quarterly forecasts, and financial comparisons and explanations of actual results versus the financial estimates
- Prepare and analyze material usage, cost statements, profit and loss statements, manufacturing statistics, labor analysis, and sales analysis
- Balance sheet analysis for key accounts, including inventory and preparation or approval for account reconciliations
- Analyze and interpret operating and financial results to identify trends and activities driving those results and make recommendations on potential changes, both operation and financial in nature, to improve performance
- Understand and ensure compliance with internal controls, accounting policies
- Assists with the preparation of the annual operating budget
- Prepares ad hoc reports and work on special projects as requested
- Manages site implementation of corporate accounting-related initiatives
Skills & Abilities
- 5+ years experience in cost accounting
- BSBA degree in accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Travel 25%
- Working knowledge of standard job costing for manufacturing organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects within tight timeframes
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with managers and staff in multiple locations
- This is a full time position. Hours of work are primarily Monday through Friday 40 hours a week with occasional weekend work depending on company internal and external projects, staffing and financial planning or audit preparation demands
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Organizational, verbal, and written communication skills a must
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset
- Flexible Paid Time Off - take as much time off as you need!
- All Benefits begin on Day 1!
- Profit Sharing Plan and Annual Incentive Plan
- 13 Paid Holidays
- 401k Plan with Matching Contributions
- A variety of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans to choose from
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Career advancement and training opportunities!
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or transgender status), age (40 and over), genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
For accommodation to assist with completing this application, please contact Human Resources at +1 314-434-1200.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.