MiTek is a platform innovator and enabler that exists to transform the building industry with better building solutions. In 1955, MiTek transformed residential construction with the invention of the Gang-Nail plate and a digital platform that provided an affordable and scalable way to manufacture wood trusses. Today, MiTek delivers software, services, engineered products, and automated solutions that enable the building industry toimprove efficiencies by optimizingthe balance between off-site and on-site. With nearly 5,600 team members worldwide, MiTek collaborates across the building industry to enable and accelerate transformational breakthroughs in design and construction to transform the way the industry designs, makes, and builds. As a Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001, MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more at .SummaryWhat's in it for you?
401K - Generous benefits package including generous paid time off.
The Welder uses ARC or MIG welding equipment on hand-welding operations for a production environment in accordance with lean and 5S methodologies. Regulates gas for proper atmospheric control, current, and voltage for proper penetration and fusion of metals. Selects electrode type and size, tips and welding rod as required for work involved. Welds together metal components of products with electric arc-welding equipment.Job Responsibilities & Requirements
What you will be doing:
- Possess all tools to complete the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Read engineered drawings with some assistance.
- Demonstrate ability to turn on welding machine, connect cables properly, and adjust machine settings for proper weld penetration and appearance.
- Turn regulator valves to activate flow of gases, torch lights, and adjusts gas mixture and pressure to obtain desired flame for cutting.
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to join edges of work piece with supervision.
- Weld flat, cylindrical, or irregular parts by positioning with bolts, clamps or by tack welding to secure in position prior to welding.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes but is not limited to the ability to be present at work, arrive on time and be at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education:High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Experience:Or one to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills:Windows operating systems. MiTek Time & Attendance System / labor Tracking System.
- Other Requirements:Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence, effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Abiity to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables i situations wher eonly limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or transgender status), age (40 and over), genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
For accommodation to assist with completing this application, please contact Human Resources at +1 314-434-1200.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.