Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Manager, Sales Development Representatives:
OpenGov is adding to our rapidly growing Sales Team by adding a Manager of Sales Development role to our Sales Development Representative (SDR) Team. The responsibility of this role will be to manage and coach a team of 7-10 SDRs to become the next great Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, and Solutions Engineers.
Manager, Sales Development Representative Responsibilities:
* Manage and coach a Team of 7-10 SDRs, by maintaining a consistent focus on coaching, training, mentoring, and a hands-on approach to leading a team
* Lead in developing and maintaining our culture of winning and fun within the SDR Team and broader organizationLead team to continually establish meetings (quantity) with relevant contacts via valuable information (quality), ultimately leading to closed business
* Meet and exceed meeting quota requirementsAssist in the development and ongoing management of our SDR onboarding process to drive maximum productivity for SDRs
* Ensure management visibility into performance, both positive and areas for improvement
* Design and implement strong account based programs, collaborating regularly with the Demand Generation Marketing team
* Partner with Marketing leadership to establish demand generation topics and subsequent SDR follow-up
* Develop and maintain monthly training on relevant topics: government finance, government communications, organizational hierarchy, cold call skills, addressable trends in the market, and product training
* Serve as a liaison between product and product marketing organizations for "what's working" within the Sales development efforts and ensure consistent coverage for all titles and products
* Run reports daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly to show the impact of the SDR team to the broader organization
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
* Successful Sales / Business Development experience including strong prospecting (phone, email, LinkedIn, etc.) experience in B2B, SaaS, Finance, Budgeting, Accounting, or government
* 3-5 years of experience leading a Sales / Business Development team, ideally within a technology environment
* Track record of developing and coaching individuals to be future Stars in new roles (Account Executive, Customer Success Management, etc.)
* Demonstrated leader within the Sales / Business / SDR / BDR Development communities (Sales Development organizations, network of other Sales Development/Inside Sales Leaders, etc.)
* Self-motivated, creative, results-driven, solution oriented, direct and convincing when it's right for the customer; competitive and driven to succeed
* Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change
* Crisp written communication and fluency of expression
* Solid computer skills including Salesforce or comparable CRM
* Excellent references (recent and relevant) from former team members, Account Executives, and cross-functional partners
What makes OpenGov unique
Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and !
Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click to read more.
Culture: , , . Check out our !
Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.