If you are looking to be part of a company that is family-owned and Wisconsin based, apply to join our team of talented individuals today!
What TAPCO has to offer you:
- Four Weeks of Paid Parental Leave with no waiting period
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation, and Personal Time
- Gain Share Bonus Plan
- Company Paid Training and Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401K Plan with Generous Employer Match and Full Vested from Day One
What you will accomplish as a Planning Manager at TAPCO:
Overseeing the production planning functions to ensure that production departments meet customer delivery dates. This position will evaluate and analyze data from the ERP system to improve processes and forecast production. The manager will oversee a staff of planners and create a collaborative team environment to effectively manage the supply chain. This position works closely with Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and DC to meet our production requirements. This position supervises the Planners and reports to the Director of Operations.
- Oversees the scheduling of customer orders into production
- Manages and develops the Planning staff
- Tracks and manages daily manufacturing workload against available manufacturing hours, and provides regular reporting on the manufacturing status
- Confers with Sales staff and management to communicate planned production and delivery dates. Provides reports of available production capacity and manufacturing activities metrics.
- Evaluates and analyze long-term capacity and demand data for production areas
- Implements and improves business processes as they relate to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and maintains information in ERP to report materials requirement planning (MRP) needs, shortage reports, and other ERP reports that track production requirements and support activities.
- Facilitates ongoing communication between purchasing, production, and inventory control
- Works closely with program managers and plant production control to ensure the right activities are being worked at the right times
- Reports weekly/monthly on production schedule status, commercial raw material inventory levels, pending non-confirming materials, and other key department indicators.
- Manages manufacturing inventory levels to support the manufacturing plan and inventory goals
- Follows all company safety rules and 5S/Lean Manufacturing procedures
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management or operations management and/or commensurate on-the-job experience
- 6 years experience in productions control or materials management in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Prior project management experience
- Prior experience using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office and ERP software; NAV (Navision) ERP System a plus
- Robust data analysis and report-generating experience
- Financial Management and People Leadership, including employee development.
- Excellent attention to detail along with strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to assess needs and solve complex problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform basic math daily (Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide)
- Use and navigate an ERP system
At TAPCO, our mission is to enhance transportation and personal safety in our communities through innovative solutions and products. We are driven to save lives! Are you looking for a career where you can earn a great wage based on experience and performance, your contributions are recognized, and you will have growth potential? Then choose TAPCO!
If any assistance is needed with the application process, please contact TAPCO HR at 800-236-4462