At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety.It's the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team delivers solutions to the public safety market (911, Police, Fire, EMS). The team delivers products and solutions for the public safety market that include 911 Dispatch Centers, Fire Agencies, and Police Agencies.Job Description
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we're ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
The Sr. Solution Architect is responsible for the deployment of Computer Aided Dispatch Systems, Mobile Applications, and Records Management Systems. The group works as a project team interacting with customers and project managers to successfully deploy contracted products and solutions. The Sr. Solution Architect deploys inbound and outbound interfaces, works with interface developers, customer requirements, and continually strives for standardization and reuse. The candidate must be able to trouble shoot difficult technical issues and work with minimal supervision. Some travel is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates and implements customer installation activities in a time-sensitive manner.
- Elicites customer requirements and can communicate technical details in verbal and written form to all levels of organization.
- Understands Public Safety customer environments for product security and reliability.
- Delivers solutions within the context of a defined product, standard interfaces, and limited flexibility.
- General software and IP network debugging skills are critical. Must be a Problem solver.
- Writes interface documentation to drive implementation.
- Writes Integration Test Plans and functionally tests interface solutions.
- Installs, Integrates, Deploys, and Delivers defined solutions.
- Identifies product defects and monitors resolution from engineering to customer acceptance.
- Complies with corporate requirements and training. Tracks billable hours for project work completed.
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years experience in multiple software disciplines: Systems Integration, Software Engineering, Product Development, System Test, System Support, or Information Technology.
- Public Safety experience preferred.
Proficiency in the following areas a plus
- Windows Server 2016 or newer
- SQL Server 2017 or newer
- SQL scripting (T-SQL) helpful
- Proficiency with XML, XPATH, Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT) helpful
- Must be a self motivated team player
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Should have general networking knowledge and ability to debug TCP, UDP connections
- Knowledge of packet capture tools, a plus
- The position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy".
- Candidates must be able to successfully pass a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions' customers.
This position is a remote position and candidates can be located anywhere in the US.
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
- 10+ years of professional experience including product deployment and integration, product testing, and/or product development.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract.
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Motorola Solutions and maintain compliance with these requirements.Travel Requirements10-25%Relocation ProvidedNonePosition TypeExperiencedReferral Payment PlanYes
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, VisionbenefitseffectiveDay 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- GenerousPaidTime Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- PaidParental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.