MiTek is a platform innovator and enabler that exists to transform the building industry with better building solutions. In 1955, MiTek transformed residential construction with the invention of the Gang-Nail plate and a digital platform that provided an affordable and scalable way to manufacture wood trusses. Today, MiTek delivers software, services, engineered products, and automated solutions that enable the building industry toimprove efficiencies by optimizingthe balance between off-site and on-site. With nearly 5,600 team members worldwide, MiTek collaborates across the building industry to enable and accelerate transformational breakthroughs in design and construction to transform the way the industry designs, makes, and builds. As a Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001, MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more at .SummaryAt MiTek, we seek to transform the building industry by championing better building methods through our Design-Make-Build approach. We collaborate across the building industry to empower transformational breakthroughs in design and construction. Our innovative and integrated solutions enable our partners to transform the way the industry designs, makes, and builds.
As the leading supplier of technology-enabled solutions to the cold-formed steel building components industry, MiTek Steel Framing Systems provides a full range of products and engineering services to support the construction industry. We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Design Engineer III to join the team in the corporate headquarters in Chesterfield, MO.
As a Design Engineer III you will work closely with the engineering team, our national network of fabricators, and the project team of architects, engineers, and contractors to deliver high performance cold-formed steel solutions.Job Responsibilities & Requirements
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Engineer cold-formed steel truss systems design incorporating permanent truss bracing, temporary construction bracing where required, shear transfer blocking / bracing and lateral truss connections and other project specific requirements - 300%
- Engineer cold-formed steel trusses, components, and ancillary framing for project specific applications - 20%
- Engineer repairs for cold-formed steel truss framing, bracing, and connections as required to address field conditions - 10%
- Mentor Design Engineer I and Design Engineer II team members to support development of technical expertise and engineering judgement - 10%
- Collaboration and coordination with fabricators and project team architects, engineers, and contractors on project specific design requirements - 5%
- Develop customized connection details and engineered connections based upon project specific design requirements - 5%
- Engage with fabricator network to provide designers with engineering support and assist in developing technical training documents and technical reference material - 5%
- Collaborate with the engineering team to support the development of technical reference material and engineering design tools - 5%
- Collaboration with the software development team to support software analytical validation, performance assessment and enhancement development - 5%
- Support special engineering projects, strategic initiatives, and new product R&D initiatives - 5%
- Responsibly perform essential job functions and additional accountabilities with direction from leadership and limited oversight
- Individuals are required to be registered as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) and are highly encouraged to pursue registration as and Structural Engineer (S.E.).
- Individuals are encouraged to participate in professional industry associations, code committees, etc.
- Strong skills in algebra, trigonometry, physics, statistics and strength of materials, structural analysis and design.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Technical Skills: Must have solid engineering/technical skills, including attention to detail.
- Safety: Must have an outstanding safety record and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Monitor own work to ensure quality. Apply feedback to improve performance. Look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity: Meet productivity standards without diminishing quality of work. Strive to increase productivity. Work at keeping waste down. Complete work in a timely manner.
- Dependability: Take responsibility for own action. Follow instructions, responds to management directions.
- Initiative: Readily volunteers. Undertake self-development activities. Seek increased responsibilities. Take independent action. Ask for and offer assistance whenever needed.
- Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required.
- Ability to interact professionally with others; including co-workers, vendors and customers.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited University in Civil/Structural or Architectural Engineering (Structural).
5+ years of engineering experience in civil / structural engineering and knowledge of the building construction industry, obtained through a combination of experience and education. Cold-formed steel knowledge and design experience preferred.
MS Office suite of products.AutoCAD or other drafting software experience desirable.
Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE). Displays strong ability to work independently with limited direction and oversight.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or transgender status), age (40 and over), genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
For accommodation to assist with completing this application, please contact Human Resources at +1 314-434-1200.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.