The Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of purchasing professionals to develop and maintain a supplier base that supports company objectives regarding quality, cost and production requirements for materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Manages purchasing team
- Plans and organizes activities related to the procurement function.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices in company ERP system
- Manages and coordinates response to price increases from suppliers
- Develops instructions regarding purchasing systems, procedures, and workflows to balance workload amongst team.
- Manage and update ERP purchasing parameters
- Individually, and through team members, coordinates all activities related to procurement from intent to purchase through delivery.
- Lead supplier change project teams to insure smooth transitions
- Shares information and status with other departments regarding material availability.
- Assesses vendor capabilities and evaluates/improves vendor performance
- Tracks market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, shares insights with colleagues, initiates discussions with next level leadership when conditions require; recommends non-standard purchases when changes in price or unusual activity is recognized.
- Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Coach, train, interview, select team members.
- Review invoices for accuracy and resolve discrepancies.
- Resolve disposition of rejected or non-conforming material.
- Expedites purchased materials as needed.
- Manages purchases to support inventory plans
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Comprehensive health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc) for positions of 30 hours or more per week
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contribution
- Company provided Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Spousal Life, Child Life, Critical Illness, Accident, and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) with matching contribution that is fully vested from day 1
- Generous amount of PTO, plus 14 paid Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunity
Education: Associate degree in relevant area of study beneficial.
Experience and/or Training: 5 years of work experience in a related role.
Certificates: APICS or similar beneficial.
Technology/Equipment: Relevant experience using ERP systems for essential duties and responsibilities.