Comfort starts with our 13,000+ team members across the globe, who are transforming the power of comfort every day. Our employees have the power to change lives, in our homes, work and communities. We foster an inclusive environment while honoring a legacy built on family, where everyone can be themselves.
If you are ready to join an industry leading organization where our people are the most important asset, and innovation propels us into the future, you're ready to take your seat at La-Z-Boy Incorporated.
WE BELIEVE IN THE TRANSFORMATIONAL POWER OF COMFORT
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
* Establishes credibility with customers, inspects products to identify any manufacturing defects, product abuse, and other issues.
* Diagnoses issues and provides solutions to customers, including time to repair, costs, and other potential options. May contact a Representative at the Contact Center or Field Services Supervisor if the product is beyond repair, for questions on warranty, etc. If unable to provide resolution, communication must be made to the Contact Center to provide further options for resolution including up to full replacement of the product.
* Completes all data entry requirements after each service visit and enters service information into customer's ticket (add notes from the service event/attach photos of product highlighting customer's concerns and product label). Responsible for daily ordering of service parts and properly stocking service van with parts inventory.
* Schedules service appointments with customers and manages routing schedule. Responsible for communications with customers (e.g., phone, email, text, etc.). Must also attempt to contact customers a 2nd & 3rd time if the customer does not respond via preferred communications method, leaving detailed messages and requesting responses.
* Communicates effectively with Supervisor, explaining details of escalated customer concerns. Informs Supervisor of any accidents, personal issues, customers that are not at home upon arrival, or any situation that needs immediate action.
* Partners with store personnel to maintain showroom inventory and to assist with customer's concerns for final issue resolution.
* Maintains all company owned assets including service vehicle, (maintenance and cleaning), cell phones, laptop, tools, reporting any concerns to Field Services Supervisor immediately.
* Manages expenses related to tools and supplies and vehicle maintenance. Responsible for submitting timely expense reports with accurate information.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position has direct contact with our customer base and is responsible for knowledge of company products, parts, and warranties. Quality of repair/resolution, may impact customer service level metrics (e.g., repeat visit counts, first time fix rate, next available service, etc). Technicians must also possess the necessary soft skills to effectively communicate with customers while representing La-Z-Boy in a positive light.
* High school diploma or GED with 2-4 years of relevant experience or equivalent
* Valid US issued driver's license
* Maintain acceptable driving record that meets company expectations.
* Previous in-home repair or installation experience
* Travel required: Up to 25%
* Associates Degree
* Possess complete understanding of repair, repair process and next steps
* Furniture Repair experience
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. Often required to sit, hear, listen, talk, stand, bend, kneel, squat, pull, push, lift up to 30 pounds. Seldom required to use repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walk, stoop, climb stairs, crouch, balance, reach overhead, and lift over 50 pounds.
Work Shift:First Shift (United States of America)