Discover. Achieve. Succeed. #BeHere
Emergency Department - Registered Nurse
Location: US:WI:MILWAUKEE at our FROEDTERT HOSPITAL facility.
Shift: Shift 2, 1500-0330 Weekend Program
Now Offering a Sign-On Bonus for Experienced RNs:
- $12,000 for scheduled full-time
Our highly skilled nurses in the Emergency Department at Froedtert Hospital, a 604-bed academic medical center, care for all patients with all types of urgent and emergency healthcare needs in the Milwaukee area. As a Level 1 Trauma Center, we do see a significant number of trauma patients. Froedtert ED rarely cares for pediatric patients as we are located next to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
- Only adult Level I Trauma Center in eastern Wisconsin
- 4 bed Trauma Bay, 55 general ED beds, and a busy triage area
- Approximately 200 - 250 patients per day
- Nursing to patient ratios vary based on the assigned care area for the nurse
- In the Trauma Bay, 3 nurses care for 1 patient during the initial resuscitation process
- The general ED is split into 2 care areas, which divides patients into two main categories based off the acuity of their illness
- Nurses caring for the more critically ill patients care for 3 patients, while nurses caring for the less acutely ill patients care for 4 patients
The Registered Nurse is a practitioner who is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care for an identified group of patients in an inpatient environment. This individual demonstrates competency in delivery of care to a primarily adult population. The Staff RN-Inpatient job description has incorporated essential functions which are adapted from the ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 2nd Edition (2010).
- Clinical competence and experience in the care and management of target patient populations specific to area of employment.
- Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice at a level normally acquired through completion of education at an accredited School of Nursing in order to be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Upon hire any non-BSN nurse with less than one year of licensed registered nurse experience will be required to enroll in a BSN (or higher nursing degree) program. Acceptance into a program is expected within 15 months of hire and the degree program must be completed within 5 years of enrollment, or 6 years if program is MSN, DNP or PhD in Nursing. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Requires current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact).
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) or an AHA approved equivalent is required within 90 days of hire.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required within 6 months of hire. Trauma Nurse course certification (TNCC) is required within one year of hire.
Perks & Benefits at Froedtert Health
Froedtert Health Offers a variety of perks & benefits to staff, depending on your role you may be eligible for the following:
- Paid time off
- Growth opportunity- Career Pathways & Career Tuition Assistance, CEU opportunities
- Academic Partnership with the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Referral bonuses
- Retirement plan - 403b
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Free Workplace Clinics
- Employee Assistance Programs, Adoption Assistance, Healthy Contributions, Care@Work, Moving Assistance, Discounts on gym memberships, travel and other work life benefits available
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin's only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes ten plus hospitals, nearly 2,000 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics draw patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. During your application and interview process, if you have a need that requires an accommodation, please contact us at 262-439-1961. We will attempt to fulfill all reasonable accommodation requests.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. As a federal contractor/subcontractor, we take affirmative action in employment based on race, sex, disability and status as a protected veteran. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing