Company Generac Power Systems
Name New Product Development Specialist
Req # 60925
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, our people help make the world safer, brighter, and more productive. We are united by our efforts to inspire change for a better world; impact our people and community; influence and achieve positive results; and innovate the industry. Our shared goals allow people with diverse backgrounds and points of view to work together, bringing our global customers peace of mind through reliable products and exceptional support.
Job Summary: The New Product Introduction (NPI) Specialist is responsible for project management with regards to the new product materials (RFQ, Tooling, PPAP, and Transfer) for the NPI products. Additionally, this position partners with members of the Strategic Global Sourcing team and participates in cross-functional collaboration regularly. This role also works on sustaining end of life product changes that may have an impact on material product costs. Duties also include interfacing with Engineering, Quality, Operations and Plant Purchasing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in product platform value chain by ensuring program deliverables are met by timely delivery of material.
- Update and maintain the Costed Bill of Material (CBOM) for each specific NPI project including Supplier lead times for tooling.
- Manage individual part release status, while working with engineering to manage the releases associated with on-going changes (BSS data load).
- Work with production buyers to transfer material purchasing responsibility once the new parts have obtained approved PPAP status.
- Manage NPI related ECO's and sustaining ECO's that affect new part changes related to the 3-year product plan.
- Manage the PPAP orders for new parts of sustaining or end of life new parts from the order inception, quality inspection review and engineering sign-off.
- Analyze quotations from different suppliers, utilizing the (TCO) total cost of ownership tools and should cost of the parts, components, etc.
- Manage tactical purchasing activities such as expediting material, PG orders, past due PO's, open PO's, PO confirmations, Receiving/Purchasing related issues, IFM Accounting/Purchasing related issues, etc.
- Update and maintain standard costs within SAP
- Facilitate technical design reviews with suppliers, in order to confirm functionality of the part / component and manufacturability.
- Negotiate with suppliers as to the cost of parts and tooling, and project timelines.
- Manage suppliers On Time Delivery (OTD) performance during prototype / development phases (Gate 1 to Gate 4).
- Support Commodity Management with the sourcing of new suppliers for new or existing products.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years of equivalent experience
- Experience within a Supply Chain Function
- Experience working in the development cycle of new products
- Experience with engineering change processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Solid quantitative and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze, think and communicate with well-supported data
- Ability to manage shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend, or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Up to 10% travel and a valid Driver's License required.
Great Reasons to work for Generac:
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- State-of-the-art facility with an onsite gym, walking trails, cafe, free parking and many employee activities
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Enjoy summer hours (Memorial Day - Labor Day)
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days.
- Every day is Jeans Day! Dress for your day.
- Product loan and discount programs
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."