Comfort starts with our 13,000+ team members across the globe, who are transforming the power of comfort every day. Our employees have the power to change lives, in our homes, work and communities. We foster an inclusive environment while honoring a legacy built on family, where everyone can be themselves.
If you are ready to join an industry leading organization where our people are the most important asset, and innovation propels us into the future, you're ready to take your seat at La-Z-Boy Incorporated.
WE BELIEVE IN THE TRANSFORMATIONAL POWER OF COMFORT
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
SCOPE & IMPACT:
- Oversee and manage a work environment that is and continues to be safe and healthy. Ensures that occupational health and safety hazards within the campus are identified, evaluated and controlled in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Manage and lead efforts to develop, recommend and implement policies and procedures to control occupational safety and health hazards, and other risk associated with company operations on campus. This position will communicate and continue to foster a safety culture that goes beyond that which is mandated.
- Ensure company compliance with all appropriate OSHA and state safety regulations and maintain appropriate reporting and accountability systems
- Ensure that all departments comply with applicable health and safety regulations, and equally important, with the company's philosophy of assuring worker safety which is frequently more stringent
- Responsible to build charts, create detailed spreadsheets, basic website maintenance, create training presentations, create safety videos, monthly newsletter, and monthly safety training
- Responsible for Safety Data Sheets and assure compliance with all Hazardous Materials handling regulations
- Participate with department management in safety audits, investigations and inspections
- Manage and direct specific safety objectives for each department on campus
- Participate in industry and professional interest groups to stay current on trends, issues and technological innovation
- Represent health, safety interface with the supervisory and hourly employees - including necessary training and initiation / participation in daily behavioral based observations and actions associated with those observations
- Main contact or assist as required in campus emergency management procedures
- Maintain company compliance with all OSHA/environmental requirements. Also includes permitting hazardous waste, storm water, solid waste management, environmental response plans, and solid waste management
- Lead and direct IH monitoring in manufacturing areas
- Responsible for plant security which includes providing recommendations, assist in implementation and maintaining plant wide security plan
This position provides support for employees at La-Z-Boy. As a continuous improvement champion for employee safety, this position is critical to ensuring safety and compliance for employees and company.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene or related field with 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both in writing and in-person
- Excellent attendance, work record and customer service skills
- Must possess a strong work ethic and absolute integrity
- Must be adaptable and flexible and must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding and complex environment
- Must be able to work flexible work hours as required
- Basic understanding of ergonomic principles
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to grasp the challenges and opportunities facing our changing manufacturing operations
- Ability to forge the right relationships with employees, regulatory officials and corporate executives to communicate the company's safety and environmental health policies and accomplishments
- Prior experience in a health and safety role ideally for a major corporation industry such as furniture production or other manufacturing and or management
- Certification in a specialized EHS field (i.e. Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics, Environmental Engineering, etc.)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NonePHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:No specific or unusual physical or environmental demands; manufacturing floor and office environment.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that ouremployees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.