Newport, an Ascensus company, helps employers offer their associates a more secure financial future through retirement plans, insurance and consulting services. Newport offers comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them. As a provider and partner, Newport is independent, experienced, and responsive.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs compliance testing for defined contribution plans. Verifies the accuracy of plan census data and identifies contributions to be tested for plan year.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Prepares non-discrimination tests, top heavy tests, coverage tests, 415 annual addition tests with assistance of a Sr. Compliance Analyst. May also perform contribution calculations.
- Reviews legal plan documents, employee census data, and determines participant eligibility.
- Reconciles all financial activity then prepares government forms and associated schedules for assigned plans in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy.
- Processes plan participant distributions, loans, disbursement requests, and assists with special projects as needed
- Performs other duties, as assigned, that are related to the essential operation of the department.
- Consistently meets and/or exceeds performance expectations with the ability to work under pressure in a very fast paced environment
- Focuses on learning in everyday activities and events
- Collaborates with and openly shares knowledge with colleagues
- Regular, reliable, and punctual attendance
Management Responsibilities (None)
Required Education, Experience and Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts utilizing spreadsheet and accounting database software programs.
- Strong MS Office skills to include Excel.
Preferred (but not required) education or skills for this role are
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field or industry experience.
- ASC experience preferred
- Creative Problem Solver
- Analytical Thinker
- Team Player
- Utilizes Sound Judgment
- Results Driven
- Exhibits Personal Credibility
- Written and Oral Communication
TRAVEL: Up to 5%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity-housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws ("Protected Status").