Hayes Performance Systems (Hayes) was founded in 1946 as HH Products, a Milwaukee manufacturer of parts for outboard motors and small engine components. Today, Hayes is a multi-national business boasting world class operations in North America, Asia, and Europe.
Since 1969, Hayes has been in Mequon, Wisconsin. The site includes offices and a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility spanning 155,000 square feet, where 300 sales, engineering, support, and production staff are employed. Hayes Performance Systems employs approximately 600 employees worldwide in the U.S.A., Taiwan, China, and Germany.
Hayes’ believes all our employees should have Passion for their career, treat others with Respect, be Empowered to make change, function as an Entrepreneur, and be held Accountable to each other. These represent Hayes’ company values.
Hayes’ offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as 401(k), vacation and holiday pay, tuition reimbursement and more.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, this role will be an integral part in assisting with general accounts payable and receivable duties. This candidate must be strong in time management, creative thinking, achieve departmental KPIs, and be adaptable when new projects and priorities are provided.
- Match invoices to receiving documents and verifies purchase order price (“three-way match”)
- Assist with posting invoices into the computer system and paying invoices once proper documentation has been verified.
- Assists with preparing reports, mailing monthly statements, correspondence with customers and filing cash receipts
- Process check request for expense reports
- Work closely with vendors for any past due payments and the requesting of revised invoices
- Review and add new vendor setups before having them added to the payables and purchase order system
- Maintain the accounting filing system, including keeping filing current, updating, and purging as necessary
- Work with buyers on price discrepancies to help insure prompt payment of invoices
- Follow all established ISO/Quality procedures and participates in continuous improvement.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as situation dictates. Complies with all company policies and instructions.
- A high school diploma required, and at least five years of relevant accounting experience and/or associates degree preferred.
- The ability to work accurately and independently.
- Experience with ERP software with knowledge of Syteline ERP software a plus
- MS Office experience and strong MS Excel skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. Minorities, females, veterans and
individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.