Under general direction, this position is responsible for facilitating development, implementation and training for comprehensive systems to ensure food safety and sanitation. The focus will be consistent adherence to documented regulatory, corporate and local regulations, standards and practices. The associate will act as primary regional Food Safety and Sanitation resource to Bimbo Bakeries USA production facilities, co-packers, distribution facilities and thrift stores. The Food Safety Compliance Manager will be responsible to conduct risk-based Food Safety / Sanitation / Quality Systems Audits at the at BBU facilities, co-packers, DCs and key Ingredient Vendors. The associate will be responsible to review the corrective action for the audit deficiencies and monitor the status of corrective action at the audited facilities. The associate will lead with behaviors that promote cultural change through outstanding team based associate relationships.
Key Job Responsibilities:
* Plan, organize, direct and control the work performed by receiving staff. Develop work policies and procedures, monitor procedures for opportunities to improve. Ensure associates have adequate resources, training and are fully knowledgeable of Food Safety requirements set forth by local, state and federal agencies.
* Assign work and set schedules and standards. Conduct performance evaluations. Support the values and policies of the organization.
* Responsible to manage departmental budgets.
* Evaluate new methods for achieving departmental goals in the most effective and economical manner.
* Conducts formal facility risk assessments and prioritizes work based upon assigned risks.
* Conducts Food Safety / Sanitation / Quality Systems Audits and cultural assessments.
* Provides timely, concise, accurate reports of the audit findings.
* Reviews the facility corrective action for inspection deficiencies.
* Monitors the status of corrective action at the audited facilities.
* Facilitates compliance with all food safety programs for the facilities to include but not limited to: HACCP, GMP's, Allergen control, lot traceability, associate food safety training, etc.
* Monitors effectiveness of Master Cleaning Sanitation Schedule, cleaning procedures, chemical usage and chemical safety.
* Coaches / trains facility management staffs were necessary.
* Lead the manufacturing group during regulatory audits conducted by local county health departments, state health departments, Food & Drug Administration, military and the local water district.
* Helps to identify trends in inadequate regulatory compliance within the organization.
* Identifies areas were facilities need assistance in maintaining regulatory compliance.
* Supports company initiatives to reduce Consumer Complaints; Foreign Material, Mold.
* Supports compliance with Customer requirements; GFSI Certified Audits, AIB Inspections, etc.
* Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF system.
* Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
* Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system.
* Understand, coach and teach the principles of the BBU Manufacturing Transformation, including lean tools, process capability and operational discipline.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
* Provides comprehensive, timely and value added food safety / sanitation resource assistance to all facilities within area of responsibility.
* Manages and is responsible for personal travel budget. Supports the achievement of facility productivity targets by identifying opportunities to reduce costs.
* Partners with other Shared Services groups in fostering process improvement, communication and facility cohesiveness.
* Leads through example - promotes safety performance and helps establish a safety culture.
* Shares best practices and knowledge among the entire organization.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Work History:
* BS degree, in Food Science or related major preferred
* Bakery operations /Quality / Food Safety / or Sanitation supervisory experience (2 years or more)
* A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
* HACCP, PCQI, Food Defense Coordinator and GFSI Certified. Sanitation Essentials or AIB Sanitation / Food Safety residence course or similar training/certification.
* Computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Organized and detail oriented.
* Comfortable working in a participative team environment.
* Ability to work under pressure and multitasking.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.