* Utilize product line subject matter expertise to underwrite commercial accounts within assigned area of responsibility by selecting the right risks and negotiating rates, terms and conditions for existing and new business
*Develop a pipeline of qualified account opportunities within appetite and utilize sales acumen, relationship and creative problem solving to create winning solutions and close deals
*Collaborate with senior department leaders by sharing specialized knowledge and recommend opportunities for continuous improvement to influence strategy development
*Measure and optimize portfolio profitability and growth by reviewing and analyzing underwriting data and monitoring industry best practices to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and application to business strategy
*Build and maintain relationships with current and potential brokers and customers byproviding personalized and quality customer service
*Adherence to the underwriting framework by following internal guidelines, regulatory and legal requirements and reinsurance requirements while demonstrating adoption of good practices to ensure compliance and minimize risk
*Optimize department operations by mentoring junior underwriters and participating in the review and analysis of the portfolio and participating in internal meetings as required to share and develop strategy, knowledge and best practices
*Contribute positively to the QBE DNA and culture, working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative and diverse environment, where everyone's contributions are valued and we seek to have fun and do good.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
* 7 years relevant experience
* Understand market trends and current organizational strategies
*Collaborate with key stakeholders
*Build and maintain professional networks
*Communicate information in a clear, well-organized, and professional manner
*Drive for stakeholder success
*Build and capitalize on beneficial internal and external relationships
*Effectively and efficiently present logic, reasoning, and analysis to others
*Win concessions without damaging relationships
*Complete tasks attentively and thoroughly
Preferred Education Specifics
* Business, insurance, or related field
* P&C industry experience
* Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU); Certificate of General Insurance (INS); Associate in Insurance Production (AIP)
* Advanced working knowledge of underwriting department processes and procedures
*Events affecting the industry, including understanding of competition and the marketplace
*Principles and processes for providing customer service
*Products and concepts relating to the insurance industry
*Continuous improvement methodology and principles
*Evaluate information to determine compliance with standards
*Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
QBE Cultural DNA
* Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:-We are customer-focused-We are technical experts-We are inclusive-We are fast-paced-We are courageous-We are accountable-We are a teamAll employees are expected to adhere to QBE's Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only - Travel Frequency
* Occasional (approximately 5-10 trips annually)
US Only - Physical Demands
* General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs.
US Only - Disclaimer
* To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
* Individual Contributor
* The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee's normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
Base pay offered will vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location and business needs
Annual Salary Range: $115,000 - $173,000
AL, AR, AZ, Fresno, CA, CO (Remote), FL, GA, IA, ID, IL (Remote), IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV and WY
* * * * *
Annual Salary Range: $127,000 - $191,000
CA (Remote, Irvine and Woodland), Greenwood Village CO, CT, Chicago IL, MA, MD, NY (Remote), RI, Houston TX and WA
* * * * *
Annual Salary Range: $144,000 - $217,000
San Francisco CA, NJ and New York City NY
You are more than your work - and QBE is more than a workplace, which is why QBE provides you with the benefits, support and flexibility to help you concentrate on living your best life personally and professionally. Employees scheduled over 30 hours a week will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health.
We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution and a paid-time off program. In addition, our paid-family and care-giver leaves are available to support our employees and their families. Regular full-time and part-time employees will also be eligible for QBE's annual discretionary bonus plan based on business and individual performance.
QBE recognizes that exemplary benefits extend beyond benefits coverage and compensation. Flexibility in your working environment is important to maintaining balance and QBE is dedicated to ensuring employees achieve personal and professional integration by providing the opportunity for hybrid work arrangements.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.