If you enjoy Mechanical Design and using SolidWorks, check out this opportunity!
Sentry Equipment provides products and service to optimize process control and product quality for customers. We are seeking a talented Mechanical Designer to join our team of employee-owners. Sentry Equipment offers great benefits, including low premium and low deductible health insurance, dental, vision, 401k match, onsite medical clinic, tuition reimbursement, competitive vacation, and more! Additionally, being an employee-owned company has created an amazing collaborative culture with the financial benefits of being part owner in the company.
- Prepare drawings using SolidWorks. Must be familiar with design of components, layouts, drawings, sketches, schematics, etc.
- Prepare drawings per customer specification, job summary, and verbal instruction. Shows dimensions, connections and other information to demonstrate suitability of design.
- Compile bills-of-material. Identify and list: Name and type of material, size and quantity of each part, and number of each part.
- Prepare drawings of simple electrical and/or pneumatic schematics from sketches and check drawings for accuracy of dimension, detail and fits and tolerances.
- Interface with Production, Purchasing, and Manufacturing to ensure drawings optimize production and purchasing demands.
- Verify and update shop drawing and bills-of-material returns for as-built and BOM updates.
- Minimum 3 years of mechanical drafting and designing using SolidWorks.
- Technical degree preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- knowledge of tubing, piping, pneumatic and electrically actuated mechanisms, and manufacturing processes is preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Click the link to learn more about our culture and benefits!