Performs basic pre-install and setup of all assigned machines per Pre-Install /Configuration shop Standards. May also perform used equipment evaluation and preparation per standard used processes. Continues to pursue progressive development of technical skills via Canon training and OJT, and assists in other Logistics areas as assigned.
- Performs assigned configurations each day at or above the established benchmark for the models done.
- Maintains appropriate monthly average labor time for "S" and "C" calls, dependent on assigned work load and availability.
- Achieves monthly accountability expectations for position (based on shop tech matrix).
- Maintains constant high level of work quality and consistent conformance with published standards .
- Maintains all technical information and Canon property assigned.
- Available to work overtime (Daily and weekend) as required.
- Communicates well with fellow team members, internal customers, supervisors and other internal departments regarding the timely completion of assigned work related to pre-installs and/or preparation of Used machines.
- Assist and/or cross train in other Logistics functions as assigned.
HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience required, plus less than one year of related experience.
- Degree in Electronics, or equivalent training in Military/Trade School/Industry.
- Copier industry experience preferred. Demonstrates appropriate level of technical knowledge, skills and learning ability.
- Travel to support other RDCs as assigned (valid driver's license and acceptable driving record necessary).
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and be in a mobile activity more than 50% of the time (walking, standing, stooping/kneeling).
- Must be capable of pushing equipment through warehouse as needed. Ability to work entire shift while standing with occasional rest. Must be able to use hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices to perform job duties. You may be required to work in a plant that is not environmentally controlled and requires work in extreme heat/humidity during summer months.