Milwaukee Health Services, Inc. (MHSI) is a Federally Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC) that operates from two (2) sites: The Isaac Coggs Heritage Health Connection and the MLK Heritage Health Center at 2555 N. Martin Luther King Drive. MHSI offers a range of primary health care services including Medical, Dental, Behavioral, Women’s Health, Benefit Determination, and Pharmacy. FQHCs service everyone regardless of income, or third party coverage, and seek to provide high quality care in accessible locations and at convenient times. Our particular sites primarily target the residents of Milwaukee’s north side, but service patients countywide. FQHCs are unique in their delivery of care, patient population and provision of services. FQHCs seek to provide quality care in an underserved area to the uninsured or underinsured populations that would otherwise not have access to care. Please visit the MHSI website at www.mhsi.org to understand the dynamics of FQHCs. Milwaukee Health Services is currently hiring the following position:
Senior Billing Specialists
Position Summary: The Senior Billing Specialist is responsible for ensuring correct coding, billing, collecting and all patient billing. The individual should possess excellent customer service skills to resolve patient billing issues, process and collect claims with accuracy and ensure timely filing. Ideal candidate must be a skilled communicator, director and motivator.
Essential job duties, knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of HMOs with emphasis on Medicaid/Medicare and self-pay collections
- Knowledge of billing and/or posting cycle
- Knowledge current knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD coding systems, including the appropriate application of procedure code modifiers
- Knowledge of billing technology systems and/or portals (GE Centricity a plus)
- Ability to interpret billing code errors and troubleshoot issues
- Ability to resolve billing issues with customers while multitasking billing processing
- Ability to effectively communicate issues billing and coding issues with physicians managers, supervisors, registration and CSRs to process claims correctly
- Ability to research all information needed to complete billing process including getting charge information from physicians/providers
- Ability to code information about procedures performed and diagnosis on charge, comparing to payor specific coding rules
- Ability to review and add charge information into data entry program and/or processes electronic data batches and produces billing
- Ability to process and distribute billing rejection notices from systems according to clinic policies
- Assist with denial management and error resolution
- Maintain required billing records, reports, and files
- Ability to organize and prioritize many tasks effectively.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!
- High School Diploma. Associates degree in Healthcare Administration or relevant degree preferred with emphasis in Medical Billing with a minimum three years of experience in a healthcare billing position.
- Experience working with ICD-9 (ICD 10 a plus) and CPT Codes
- Working knowledge of medical insurance & medical terminology
EEO/AA: Milwaukee Health Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Milwaukee Health Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Milwaukee Health Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Milwaukee Health Services, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status.