To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job CategoryFinance and OperationsJob Details
Reporting to the Manager of Consolidations, we are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to support our team's strategy, growth and innovation. This position will be based in Indianapolis. As a Senior Accountant on the Consolidations team, you will be working in a fast-paced, non-traditional environment while building relationships within the accounting team and the larger business operations organization (e.g. FP&A, Treasury, Tax, SEC Reporting, IT, Compliance, International Accounting, etc.)!
Additionally, you will participate in SOX compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the 10Q and 10K reporting processes. Lastly, due to the various sources feeding the general ledger, you will be collaborating with various functions across the organization to ensure financial reporting objectives and ensuring partner success is achieved. Exceptional candidates will be critical thinkers with focus on implementing process improvements to streamline and scale Salesforce's processes for growth!
- Assist in the monthly worldwide accounting close and financial consolidation
- Understand and prepare accounting journal entries and reconciliations for intercompany and other transactions as needed
- Work with teams within the Controller's Organization as well as cross-functionally with FP&A, IT, SEC Reporting, Treasury, International Accounting and Tax
- Derive and maintain relevant reporting of financial data analytics, including key financial metrics for management reporting
- Participate on internal process improvement initiatives to improve reporting, analytical tools, and technical aspects of accounting procedures and practices
- Identify and execute on the implementation of process improvements related to areas of responsibility
- Collaborate on the preparation of monthly financial packages for senior management
- Ensure timely completion and review of all closing activities in related areas
- Responsible for SOX compliance activities within related areas, including executing on key controls, updating SOX documentation, and supporting testing efforts
- Assist in quarterly reviews and annual audit with the external auditors
- Prepare supporting schedules for the 10Q and 10K reports along with supporting the SEC team on reviewing the reporting packages
- Bachelors, or equivalent, in Accounting, CPA/CA preferred
- 3-4+ years of overall combined accounting experience, technology industry and Big 4 experience a plus
- Experience in SOX control documentation / execution
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong organizational and verbal / written communication skills
- Proven critical thinking capability
- Process re-engineering involvement and / or process efficiency focus
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a must
- Ability to identify and drive process improvement
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities optimally in order to meet deadlines
- Financial analysis and reporting
- Oracle Financials or other ERP systems experience
- Hyperion systems - Smartview experience a plus
- Data analytics and/or Tableau experience
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this .Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
and are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with or .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.