CIT is now a division of First Citizens Bank. The CIT-Director, Business Development Officer, Northeast Region reports to SVP, Commercial Services Division.
This role is based in New York and is working on a hyrbrid schedule with 3 days in the office per week.
- Increase new business by identifying, sourcing, and closing viable prospects for Factoring and Asset-Based Lending deals across a variety of industries, with an emphasis on core industries within an assigned geographic territory.
- Responsible for independently developing and implementing the sales strategy, identifying appropriate referral sources and prospective clients.
- Research and identify new and viable direct prospect opportunities. Originate transactions through direct calling on companies.
- Identify and nurture intermediary relationships (CPA's, attorneys, bankers, turnaround professionals, investment banks, private equity funds and other appropriate intermediaries).
- Develop and conduct prospect meetings and ultimately issue deal proposals by applying an understanding of the prospect's industry and unique financial needs.
- Partner with the underwriting team to tailor solutions to meet the prospect's unique needs while effectively managing CIT's risk exposure; manage prospect expectations throughout the deal process ensuring a successful close.
- Identifying opportunities to cross-sell products/services as appropriate.
- Identify and attend relevant and appropriate industry and regional events and trade shows for networking and new business opportunities as appropriate.
- At least 25% business travel required to cover assigned geographic region.
- Manage sales activities in SalesForce.com.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10 years' experience in Business or Middle Market Banking / Commercial Lending
- Factoring experience
- Ability to source leads and convert prospects to clients
- Demonstrated presentation sales, negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively to achieve team goals
- A general knowledge of lending deal structuring
- Proficient computer skills, including the ability to develop and maintain a contact database and maintain records in SalesForce.com
- Knowledge of/or experience in consumer product industries like Apparel, Textile, Consumer Electronics, Housewares, Toys, Sporting Goods, or Hardware industries a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants on the bases of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.