Broad Description of Duties:
The Kitchen Manager will oversee and ensure proper standards of cleanliness and order, prepare food items for banquet and restaurant use, and supervise all assigned kitchen staff. This position is responsible for ordering food for the following days and scheduling appropriate numbers of employees. The Kitchen Manager will train, supervise, and actively support hot/cold food production, ensuring high operational standards of quality and care are maintained.
This position reports to the General Manager.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Oversee and supervises daily line operation;
- Responsible for overall preparation all food items for banquet and restaurant use according to standard recipes;
- Visually inspects and sample all food for proper taste, color combination and overall presentation to maintain appeal;
- Schedule appropriate number of staff according to daily needs for banquet functions, theatre show times, and weekly forecasts;
- Maintain kitchen inventory and order as needed ;
- Perform daily duties including maintaining the open and closing checklist as well as other special projects;
- Supervise all assigned staff including training, counseling and discipline;
- Ensure proper ordering, receiving and storage of all food items in refrigerators, freezers and dry food storage to maintain product freshness;
- Maintain positive relationships with management and kitchen associates;
- Practice and enforce appropriate hand hygiene and glove use when necessary during food preparation activities, such as between handling raw meat and other foods, to prevent cross-contamination;
- Enforce that all food safety requirements as it relates to food preparation, handling and storing is followed by all kitchen associates
*The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
- Minimum of two years' experience in a supervisory and/or management position in a similar size operation;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point;
- Must be detail orientated, have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced kitchen environment;
- 2-3 years as a lead cook experience;
- Above average working knowledge of accepted safety and sanitation standards;
- Extensive experience with slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.;
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes;
- Possess strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Willing and motivated to learn new skills, tasks, and software systems to meet the changing demands of the industry;
- Ability to work long hours;
- Ability to stay calm under pressure or during difficult situations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. while moving kitchen/cooking or concession items in bulk or small packages. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Work is performed in a theater, kitchen and office environment. The noise level is usually moderate with an occasional loud environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
License or Certification Required:
- Ability to obtain any government and hospitality required license or certificate. Example: State Health Card Permit, Local Food Service/Handling Permit, State Liquor Service Permit, etc
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
- Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred.
Marcus Theatres is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination in our hiring and employment practices in accordance with all applicable laws.