CIT's Real Estate finance business, with deep industry relationships, underwriting experience and market expertise, originates, underwrites, and manages senior secured real estate loans. Transactions are focused on experienced and well-capitalized sponsors with a geographic focus on properties in the northeast, west coast, and other major markets with strong fundamentals.
The team provides bridge/reposition and construction financing for single properties, property portfolios and loan portfolios. Properties include multi-tenant office, multi-family rental, industrial, self-storage, and more. Their professionalism, long-term client relationships, and successful track record help them succeed in all areas of business.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 15-25 REF loans.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reviews and present loans at quarterly review meetings
- Work with off-shore analysts to monitor timeliness of borrower deliverables as well as accuracy of financial reporting and covenant compliance, reporting up key findings
- Prepare approval memos for loan modifications and manage the due diligence and closing process
- Answer audit inquiries for internal and external credit exams as they arise
- Coordinate with middle office and various internal/external stakeholders to process loan payments and cash management transactions
- Ensure accurate and timely risk rating of loan portfolio
- Understand and adhere to the Bank's credit policies and procedures
- Contribute to overall team goals such as participate in various projects, cross-train members, and/or mentor junior staff
- Requires learning and use of the Bank's internal systems
- Requires strong ability to work independently and collaboratively, think critically, exercise sound judgement, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and successfully manage time
- Bachelor's degree. Graduate degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience for AVP
- 7+ years of experience for VP
- Portfolio management or credit analysis experience
- Banking experience a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants on the bases of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.