At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We're a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn't just a way of doing business-it's a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous services, engineering and sales team and wear many hats. This is a critical role, as a Consulting Architect, you have an amazing chance to make an immediate impact on the success of Elastic and our customers. What You Will Be Doing:
What You Bring Along:
- Deliver Elastic solutions to drive customer business value from our products
- Solution design, development, and integration of Elastic products and APIs, platform architecture, and capacity planning in mission-critical environments
- Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, and communications skills
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Development of demos and proof-of-concepts that highlight the value of the Elastic Stack
- Data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
- Solving our customers' most challenging data problems
- Working closely with the Elastic engineering, product management, and support teams to identify feature enhancements, extensions, and product defects
- Engaging with the Elastic Sales team to scope opportunities while assessing technical risks, questions, or concerns
- Hands-on experience and an understanding of Elasticsearch and/or Lucene
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Software Engineer, System Administrator, or DevOps Engineer
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working as a Consultant, working to deliver and execute on professional services engagements
- Experience as a technical instructor or public speaker to large audiences on enterprise infrastructure software technology to engineers, developers, and other technical positions
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to our technologies
- Understanding and passion for open-source technology and knowledge and proficient in at least one programming language
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and development perspective
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- Ability to travel up to 65% of the time
- Understanding of Linux, Java and databases
- Deep understanding of Elasticsearch, including Elastic Certified Engineer certification
- ECK experience or Kubernetes is a requirement
- Strong knowledge of Java and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with distributed systems
- Experience and interest in delivering and/or developing product training
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for transfers in the US in this role is between $125,200.00 - $170,700.00, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
Compensation for this role is in the form of base salary. This role does not have a variable compensation component.
The typical starting salary range for new hires in this role is listed below. In select locations (including Seattle WA, Los Angeles CA, the San Francisco Bay Area CA, and the New York City Metro Area), an alternate range may apply as specified below.
These ranges represent the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the ranges may be modified in the future.
An employee's position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
Elastic believes that employees should have the opportunity to share in the value that we create together for our shareholders. Therefore, in addition to cash compensation, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic's stock program. Our total rewards package also includes a company-matched 401k with dollar-for-dollar matching up to 6% of eligible earnings, along with a range of other benefits offered with a holistic emphasis on employee well-being.
The typical starting salary range for this role is:
The typical starting salary range for this role in the select locations listed above is:
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.