This position's focus will be to provide financial support for the Turf & Consumer business through accurate financial analysis and reporting. The role will play a key role in collaborating with Turf & Consumer management teams and drive insights that are critical for decision making. Position will be involved in annual/monthly strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting as well as monthly reporting and financial analysis related to new product development.
Supports assigned business unit through leading and performing complex accounting functions such as month-end closing, reporting, analysis of operations and other financial analysis process-related activities.
- Performs and leads month-end closing of varying complexity which includes: calculating accrual/reserve balances and discussing calculations with management for subjective nature accounts to arrive at decision; analyzing general ledger account data for accuracy and adjusting accounts if necessary; booking various other journal entries.
- Prepares complex reports daily, weekly and monthly which may include but not be limited to profit & loss, sales, margin, expenses, and inventory
- Performs financial analysis and communicates findings to enable management to make informed business decisions and take action.
- Partners with various business stakeholders, including sales, engineering, and product management on projects and analyses.
- Identifies and recommends improvements for managerial and operational controls.
- Partners with business stakeholders on new product development projects and new business development opportunities.
- Assists with the preparation of the strategic plan, annual operating plan, monthly forecasts and weekly forecasts. Assists with the measurement of performance against these plans and forecasts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong analytical skills necessary to review/analyze accounting and financial data, substantiate financial statement balances and prepare financial statement account reconciliation
- High ability to identify, measure, evaluate & improve, if necessary, the effectiveness of accounting, financial, managerial and operational controls
- Strong verbal & written communication & interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse group of people in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interface with all levels
- Advanced computer skills specifically advanced knowledge of and experience working with spreadsheet software and business analytic software and databases
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects with a strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of three years public accounting experience with CPA designation or five years of related experience without CPA designation
Physical & Environmental Requirements
Briggs & Stratton, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, provides innovative products and diverse power solutions to help people get work done. Briggs & Stratton is the world's largest producer of engines for outdoor power equipment, and is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of lithium-ion battery, standby generator, energy storage system, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton, Vanguard, Ferris, Simplicity, Snapper, Billy Goat, Allmand, SimpliPhi, Branco and Victa brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in more than 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.