Performs engineering work in a variety of settings, while mentoring and coaching a team of cross functional engineers withbest practices including; task management,root cause analysis, circuit / PCB design, and PCBA. This role willdefine and maintain system architectures including hardware, electrical, battery, software, and firmware interfaces, configuration management, etc. Identifies and solves the most complex problems that impact the management and direction of the business. Participates in the development of the product or business strategy. Leads multidisciplinary projects or initiatives.
- Initiates, evaluates progress and presents results of projects
- Negotiate, define, and maintain electronic technology and platform roadmaps enabling product roadmaps defined by product marketing.
- Coach and mentora small to medium sized team of engineers in the designing, prototyping, testing, and troubleshooting of embedded electronics for a variety of projects.
- Lead system requirements definition and documentation from voice of customer, business, and regulation.
- Plans and conducts research and/or development work on complex projects necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches
- Provides solutions to problems of exceptional difficulty
- Communicates new product design recommendations & proposals for changes in strategic or management direction
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive engineering programs and activities
- Interacts with regulatory agencies on behalf of the Company
- Coordinates technical files with the interested foreign agents and agencies
- Assists customers and suppliers with their design projects as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Skills Requirements
- Comprehensive expertise in leading-edge theories, techniques and/or technologies
- Demonstrated level of innovation and creativity
- Ability to proactively originate project ideas/solutions to address deficiencies or problems lacking scientific precedent and source material
- Comprehensive knowledge of all design and development aspects of internal combustion engines and/or end products
- Ability to translate customer needs into projects or activities that resolve business goals
- Advanced understanding and the ability to apply knowledge of company and competitor's technology, as well as technology in and outside of our industry, into effective solutions
- Proven track record of handling delicate or sensitive situations and arriving at effective solutions
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Related field
- Ten years of engineering experience
- Recognized as an expert in a particular field of specialization, or have comprehensive knowledge of all design and development aspects of internal combustion engines and/or end products
- Proven record of inventions, new designs, or techniques which are regarded as major advances in the field
Physical & Environmental Requirements
Briggs & Stratton, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, provides innovative products and diverse power solutions to help people get work done. Briggs & Stratton is the world's largest producer of engines for outdoor power equipment, and is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of lithium-ion battery, standby generator, energy storage system, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton, Vanguard, Ferris, Simplicity, Snapper, Billy Goat, Allmand, SimpliPhi, Branco and Victa brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in more than 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.