Madison, WI. Our client is a government agency looking for high-quality talent to make a difference. They are known to respect a traditional work week and often extend contracts for added job security and stability.
- The Oracle eBusiness Suite team is responsible for delivering on project and support needs managed by Information Services which comprise of strategic and institutional priorities. They support the entire eco system of the business operations including the Oracle ERP, inbound and outbound integrations, application extensions, customizations, and APEX built bolt-on applications.
- The Oracle eBusiness Suite is a critical software application for the client's core business operations and the development team is essential to managing and maintaining this complex environment.
- Under general supervision, the Enterprise Applications Engineer (EAE) II is a fully capable Oracle eBusiness Suite developer. EAE II's are responsible for developing and implementing business solutions through the full software life cycle process.
- These resources are responsible for the design, development, testing, integration, deployment and support of complex ERP software applications.
- Design, analyze, code, test, debug, modify and document moderately complex applications requiring thorough knowledge of business applications and processes with limited supervision.
- Quickly convert concepts and ideas into solutions through the preparation of detailed specifications consistent with the IS development methodology for business application projects and customizations that will be integrated with existing applications.
- Analyze and modify existing business applications and processes and provide recommendations for system and process improvements.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in the maintenance and support of business applications.
- Interact with client and technical teams to define requirements, resolve issues and develop solutions.
- Provide input when reviewing new business application designs to ensure consistency with business objectives and technical standards.
- Operate within a complex product and business environment requiring the ability to manage multiple requests. Able to work independently and maintain focus on priority tasks.
- Collaborate with the business and management teams to develop efficient plans, processes, timelines and work required for addressing all identified support and upgrade activities.
- Partner with end-users and technical staff to diagnose and resolve problems relating to a variety of business processes.
Specific Primary Functions:
The following competencies are standard expectations:
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people; Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography, Acts with diplomacy and tact, Builds rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way, Builds constructive relationships with people both similar and different to self, and Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamic
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences; Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels, Attentively listens to others, Adjusts to fit the audience and the message, Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization, and Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems; Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations, Acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems, Uncovers root causes to difficult problems, and Evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options
- Being Resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations; Is confident under pressure, Handles and manages crises effectively, Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity, Bounces back from setbacks, and Grows from hardships and negative experiences
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations; Picks up on situational cues and adjusts in the moment, Readily adapts personal, interpersonal, and leadership behavior, Understands that different situations may call for different approaches, and Can act differently depending on the circumstances
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement; Identifies and creates the processes necessary to get work done, Separates and combines activities into efficient workflow, Designs processes and procedures that allow managing from a distance, and Seeks ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments; Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same, Acts with a clear sense of ownership, Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures, Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results, and Designs feedback loops into work
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses; Reflects on activities and impact on others, Proactively seeks feedback without being defensive, Is open to criticism and talking about shortcomings, Admits mistakes and gains insight from experiences, and Knows strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits.
- Technical: Minimum of 5 years' experience working with Oracle Application Object Library and the following
- Oracle modules: AP, AR, CM, FA, GL, GMS, HRMS, iExp, iProc, LD, OAB, Payroll, PO, SLA, SSHR. Experience with multiple integration methodologies and shell scripting including encryption, passwordless SFTP
- authentication and Web Services.
- Communication: Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills are essential to this role. Providing service in a consultative manner is essential. Ability to convert concepts and ideas into finished solutions, through the collaboration with business users of varying experience.
- Organizational: Ability to manage multiple concurrent deliverables across projects in a full lifecycle environment including production support.
- Problem Solving/Analysis: The ability to think critically and problem solve are essential in this role. Attention to detail and collaboration are required.
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor's degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 5+ years development experience in an Oracle R12.x applications environment. Oracle Programming skills (SQL, PL/SQL), APEX, Java, Oracle Forms 10g, Oracle Reports 10g, XML Publisher, Oracle Workflow, Web ADI, Noetix Platform, and Unix Scripting. Oracle module experience: AP, AR, CM, FA, GL, GMS, HRMS, iExp, iProc, LD, OAB, Payroll, PO, SLA, SSHR.
About MARS Solutions Group:
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.